Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Creamsicle for sale in my hometown..craigslist
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
biosurfer1
Thought someone might be interested in this...

http://stockton.craigslist.org/cto/1026183335.html
Sleepin
Wow, restoring a 914.....and then finding out it is an LE....painful.
biosurfer1
one with a salvage title at that... sometimes its hard to believe salvage title stories, but in this case, I can see how an insurance company would total a 914 with a small amount of damage, especially 10 or so years ago.
type47
... need to add the VIN to Bowlsby site
Brisco914prc
It is already listed on Jeff's site as 4742914565

It's too bad the car was repainted in a white that is not an exact match to the original. If it was, it would be relatively easy to repaint the trim and wheels to the original Phoenix Red and it would look like a Creamsicle again.

Barry

QUOTE(type47 @ Feb 18 2009, 11:23 AM) *

... need to add the VIN to Bowlsby site

JRust
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Feb 18 2009, 11:03 AM) *

one with a salvage title at that... sometimes its hard to believe salvage title stories, but in this case, I can see how an insurance company would total a 914 with a small amount of damage, especially 10 or so years ago.

Yep it sucks when they total a car with so little damage. I am in teh same boat with me Creamsicle. It literally had a rip in the drivers fender from the top of the turn signal lense to halfway above the tire. That is the only damage I can find anywhere. There is not even any bondo anywhere. Sucks but not alot you can do dry.gif
Brisco914prc
So what is the downside to buying a car with a salvage title? Is there a risk in California that the DMV will not give you a title?

It seems that a salvage title devalues a car, and I'm trying to understand why that is.

Thanks,
Barry

QUOTE(JRust @ Feb 19 2009, 06:46 PM) *

QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Feb 18 2009, 11:03 AM) *

Yep it sucks when they total a car with so little damage. I am in teh same boat with me Creamsicle. It literally had a rip in the drivers fender from the top of the turn signal lense to halfway above the tire. That is the only damage I can find anywhere. There is not even any bondo anywhere. Sucks but not alot you can do <_<

Justinp71
The problem typically is that the insurance company only gives as much cash to fix the car as it was worth, so if they only shell out 3k as the value of the car but a shop quoted the damage at 5k, most likely someone bought it and fixed it themselves for 1500...

Its really a value thing and to be sure your not getting ripped off you need to analyze every aspect of the car. Ive seen some salvage cars that just had some simple bolt on parts stolen and then some that had chassis damage that was never fixed right.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.