Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Hot Rod/Street rod/rat rod forums
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
marks914
I used to be on hotrodders.com, but I got kicked off twice for "spamming" For some reason giving free advice and useful links was considered spamming, so I have been looking for some good hot rod boards to hang out on. I have to get my 35 Chevy going somehow.

Mark

IPB Image
jasons

The other one I have checked out is www.killbillet.com
Gint
These guys don't seem too pretentious.

H.A.M.B.
scotty b
QUOTE(Gint @ Feb 19 2009, 10:40 AM) *

These guys don't seem too pretentious.

H.A.M.B.

WRONG !! HAMB guys are notoriously pricks. Ol Skool Rodz forum is where I hang. most every night I am both here and there. It's a lot slower moving than it is here. You can watch a half hour go by with nmo new posts. Be prepared though. Put on your thick skin and roll with it. Lots of good guys there with lots of knowledge, and LOTS of attitude biggrin.gif Do yourself a favor, post an intro before you do anything else. You WILL get blasted for just posting out of the blue. Show pics of the ride, it will go along way. Watch out for Kozmo, he's a smart ass rolleyes.gif

http://forum.olskoolrodz.com/index.php?
scotty b
Oh and you're gonna catch some sh*t for those wheels. If you've got a set of steelies I would suggest taking a pic of it with them on. idea.gif
marks914
Thanks,
I really need a hot rod place to hang out as well, I need some motivation to get the car going. It was going strong for a while and with the 2nd kid its a little harder to get in the garage. My boys (3 and 1) are some real good helpers out there!
I don't really care what anyone thinks about my car, so I will take the heat. I am building it for me, not them, so I will make that clear

Thanks again

Mark
rick 918-S
QUOTE(marks914 @ Feb 20 2009, 04:44 AM) *

Thanks,
I really need a hot rod place to hang out as well, I need some motivation to get the car going. It was going strong for a while and with the 2nd kid its a little harder to get in the garage. My boys (3 and 1) are some real good helpers out there!
I don't really care what anyone thinks about my car, so I will take the heat. I am building it for me, not them, so I will make that clear

Thanks again

Mark

hamb is a very traditional hotrod site. Not so much streetrods.

This is on my project list. I call it "No Foosin Around" lol-2.gif
boxstr
The HAMB will kick you in the junk a few times, but it is very helpful. WIth a classified section, also a socia; group section that may relate to your exact wants and needs.
Some of the hot rod forums can get a little, boring. To much billet for me.
Try the HUB Happenings. at www.HubGarage.com
CCLINPRAISETHELOWERED
ssstikircr
Here is one that I used to have. I ended up selling it a few years ago to some one in Ohio I think.
Click to view attachment
smontanaro
QUOTE(ssstikircr @ Feb 20 2009, 11:24 PM) *

Here is one that I used to have.

No doubt the neighbors loved the sound!

ssstikircr

No doubt the neighbors loved the sound!
[/quote]

Not as bad as you might think. I took the baffles out of VW euro pee- shooters n wrapped them with stainless steel pot scrubbers and stuffed them into the J-tubes. I then used a cotter pin to hold them in place n to make them removable once I cleared my neighbors.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.