Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trying to decide on a color to paint my car.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914junkie
Click to view attachment
So after 16 years of ownership and so much work I can't remember it all I'm finally going to paint my 914 V8. As I've never been a fan of changing a cars original color and this one was originaly white although most of what you see is white primer. I was thinking it's soooo hacked up, butchered and basterdized that why not go with some other color? I was thinking maybe GT silver or Pewter? I like some of the brighter colors too like Mexico blue and Sunset orange. Maybe some kind of two tone? Stripes? I started looking at colors and white, as nice and clean as it is, just didn't seem to interesting anymore. Whatcha guys think?
Paul S. confused24.gif
PeeGreen 914
Pewter or Silver with Phoenix rockers and airdam and accents. Black sail panels and top. drooley.gif

Same thing with a light blue.

Raspberry piratenanner.gif
914werke
Sweet car aktion035.gif
Although Ill admit Im more of a purist.
How about one of the original P car jellybean colors like
Willow Green or Adriatic Blue?
914junkie
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Feb 19 2009, 10:39 PM) *

Pewter or Silver with Phoenix rockers and airdam and accents. Black sail panels and top. drooley.gif

Same thing with a light blue.

Raspberry piratenanner.gif

How bout Garnet Red Metallic or Arena Red? idea.gif
914junkie
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Feb 19 2009, 10:45 PM) *

Sweet car aktion035.gif
Although Ill admit Im more of a purist.
How about one of the original P car jellybean colors like
Willow Green or Adriatic Blue?

Those are great colors too, thats the problem, I like so many of em. And for the record, to all the purists out there. Your cars are gorgeous and if I could afford it I would absolutley LOVE to own a completely stock 73/74 2.0 This car just wasn't a restoration canidate.
mein_tag
Light blue with white stripes biggrin.gif
Todd Enlund
I really don't like flat fendered 914s, but this one looks good.

Pick a color that fits your personality. Do you like to be noticed? Or are you more of a stealth guy?

Garnet Red would look good...

Click to view attachment
914junkie
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Feb 19 2009, 11:31 PM) *

I really don't like flat fendered 914s, but this one looks good.

Pick a color that fits your personality. Do you like to be noticed? Or are you more of a stealth guy?

Garnet Red would look good...

Click to view attachment

Hey! Cool! Do I need a program to do that or can I just do that with photo shop? Never played with it before. That would help to make a decision.And, ya, I'm more of a low key guy. I had a 944 that was Garnet Red and I really liked the color. Thanx Todd.
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(914junkie @ Feb 19 2009, 11:40 PM) *

Hey! Cool! Do I need a program to do that or can I just do that with photo shop? Never played with it before. That would help to make a decision.And, ya, I'm more of a low key guy. I had a 944 that was Garnet Red and I really liked the color. Thanx Todd.

I used Photoshop... You could do it with Photoshop Elements too.

It only took me a few minutes, and now I have the file, so I can do other colors in a matter of a few seconds worth of adjustments.
PeeGreen 914
Some of my absolute favorite color schemes
914junkie
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Feb 20 2009, 12:22 AM) *

Some of my absolute favorite color schemes

Nice pics. My favorite are the Gulf colors and I thought about that but my car isn't worthy. They just wouldnt look right, ya know? That last picture of the Gulf GT car... drooley.gif Really nice car ya have there BTW smilie_pokal.gif Thanx for the input. biggrin.gif
jmmotorsports
QUOTE(914junkie @ Feb 19 2009, 10:35 PM) *

Click to view attachment
So after 16 years of ownership and so much work I can't remember it all I'm finally going to paint my 914 V8. As I've never been a fan of changing a cars original color and this one was originaly white although most of what you see is white primer. I was thinking it's soooo hacked up, butchered and basterdized that why not go with some other color? I was thinking maybe GT silver or Pewter? I like some of the brighter colors too like Mexico blue and Sunset orange. Maybe some kind of two tone? Stripes? I started looking at colors and white, as nice and clean as it is, just didn't seem to interesting anymore. Whatcha guys think?
Paul S. confused24.gif

Black would look great on that car.

Jerry
markb
When I got my car it was Dodge Intense blue, like on the Vipers. Nice color.
6freak
Tangalow..Its a new color ..mix between you guessed it tangerine and yellow ...but if you want to gain 10 H.P Gaurds red ha ha
carr914
While the Gulf scheme is nice, it has been done over and over on 911s, 914, Ford GTs etc.

Since your car has a Slope-nose, I suggest one of these 935 designs;

Coca-Cola

Click to view attachment

935 Baby

Click to view attachment

Martini

Click to view attachment
gopack
Everyone knows that "YELLOW cars are faster!"
kconway
I like garnet red, always did. Check out this color too:

Click to view attachment
mudfoot76
QUOTE(carr914 @ Feb 20 2009, 09:45 AM) *

+1 on the Martini 935 look drooley.gif (You'll need to black out your rims however)
So.Cal.914
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
So.Cal.914
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
So.Cal.914
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
So.Cal.914
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(kconway @ Feb 20 2009, 06:48 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Is this your car? I worked on one just like this before it was sold to a guy who lived in Portland a few years ago. I loved the color.
dkjens
Wow, some of those posts really hurt your eyes welder.gif

I like satin black or a gun metal grey, and everybody know they get less tickets smilie_pokal.gif
PanelBilly
Go to the paint store, the autobody one not Home Depot and start looking at the sheets.

I like the white, but make it pearl white like on an Acura.
kconway
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Feb 20 2009, 08:18 AM) *

QUOTE(kconway @ Feb 20 2009, 06:48 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Is this your car? I worked on one just like this before it was sold to a guy who lived in Portland a few years ago. I loved the color.

No, just an admirer of the color. Pulled it down off Pelican when I was thinking of doing a complete color change.
Kev
veltror
This has been a great thread, I know my car is not really near paint yet but I always wondered what a flared car in Speed Yellow would look like, might be good for this also
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.