Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: stock engine install questons
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mein_tag
So i've finally got her to the point of where i can install the engine.. I am on a budget, and since i'm still in HS i decided to just install a stock 1.7l to get her going, then upgrade to something nicer when I get older.

My first question is where does the engine bolt on? I know there is a bar at the bottom of the engine, but am not sure where it bolts down to on the chassis. Also is that the only place where the engine bolts down too??

Is there any books i can get that will have the procedures??
Click to view attachment
914junkie
QUOTE(mein_tag @ Feb 19 2009, 11:04 PM) *

So i've finally got her to the point of where i can install the engine.. I am on a budget, and since i'm still in HS i decided to just install a stock 1.7l to get her going, then upgrade to something nicer when I get older.

My first question is where does the engine bolt on? I know there is a bar at the bottom of the engine, but am not sure where it bolts down to on the chassis. Also is that the only place where the engine bolts down too??

Is there any books i can get that will have the procedures??
Click to view attachment

More like it bolts UP to the motor mounts on either side of the chassis and the transmission bolts UP to the back of the car. Just those four. Look around under there, ya can't miss em. A Haynes manual will give ya the basics to get going. smash.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.