Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Left For Dead 914's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kconway
Occasionally I'll run across a car that to me looks like its just waiting for someone to take it off the owners hands. Here are a few that I think are left for dead.

2829 10th Ave. Arcadia, CA.

Click to view attachment

7962 Sunkist Dr. Oakland, CA.

Click to view attachment

What have you found?
turboman808
Thats cool. Here is one I see all the time. I guess it still runs since it seems to have moved.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source....51333772757886

Sleepin
Since Google Street has not made their way to Podunkville as of yet, I have to resort to less entertaining methods.....

Solo914
Here is my contribution.
DEAD 2.0L

Kyle
dlo914
QUOTE(kconway @ Feb 20 2009, 07:27 AM) *

Occasionally I'll run across a car that to me looks like its just waiting for someone to take it off the owners hands. Here are a few that I think are left for dead.

2829 10th Ave. Arcadia, CA.

7962 Sunkist Dr. Oakland, CA.

What have you found?

Ive seen the one in Arcadia, b/c my girlfriend lives on Doolittle Ave which is less than 3 mins away.
dlo914
Bingo, here's one i would often see in San Gabriel, whenever i dropped off a co-worker. I think this one is outdated, b/c last i saw there were two in the driveway.
IPB Image
PeeGreen 914
Google Maps

Check this on out. Three just sitting there sad.gif
dlo914
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Feb 20 2009, 09:28 AM) *

okay... that didn't work. I'll try again in a second

Gotta Print Screen the image and then host it on Photobucket.com or Flickr.com.

Here's another one in San Marino, it's a white 914, but it's now under a car cover:
IPB Image
dlo914
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Feb 20 2009, 09:28 AM) *

Google Maps

Dang..... sad.gif
kconway
maybe I should send a letter to these addresses to see if they want to sell???
dlo914
QUOTE(kconway @ Feb 20 2009, 09:57 AM) *

maybe I should send a letter to these addresses to see if they want to sell???

LOL, not a bad idea. But a bit stalker'ish. huh.gif
carr914
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Feb 20 2009, 12:28 PM) *

Google Maps

At Least they are protected by Barb-Wire blink.gif

T.C.
PeeGreen 914
That particular area has a high car theft rate and I have heard the guy had a ton of people always coming up asking if he wanted to part with the 914s. I also hear the owner of the cars is a member on here but I don't know who.

Also found out the owner of the cars isn't the one who owns the house. Don't know if this is true but the sorces say it is biggrin.gif
Zundfolge
Here's mine (covered but not dead tongue.gif )

Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
At Least they are protected by Barb-Wire

I know the owner we can have a sawzall party anytime.

There is a v8 kit and a chalon kit in this bus out near Monroe Wa.
rascobo
If serious, PM Me. I'm ready! Could use the 8 conversion pieces welder.gif

'Have sawzall, will travel' w00t.gif
tommy914
Here's mine. It's not dead either, at least it wasn't 4 weeks ago when I last drove it. Maybe I need to take it out today.

Click to view attachment

tommy914
Another view using MSN "Bird's Eye" view.

Click to view attachment

schreiber
here's mine!

Click to view attachment

piratenanner.gif
scotty b
So where's that creepy stalker smilie ?? unsure.gif
Sleepin
Stakling aside, I always thought it would be neat to have a list of the "left for dead" or "awaiting death to sell" 914's. Hell I was suprised when I bought the last 5 that they had all been sitting in an area that was easily seen from the street!
r_towle
I have to say, if we are all afraid of big brother...guess who else can see these pics...your local and federal government.

I bet there are some laws regarding keeping unregistered cars on the property that the local government will start to enforce and collect some tax revenue.

Damn scary IMHO...the fact that someone could do exactly what you are doing, find a target car...then case out the place...
That is just scary to me.
All of mine are inside...and NO, I wont post my address of a pic of my place...just to creepy for me.

Rich
Chevota79
Here is one in South San Jose, Probably early 70's from what I can rememberClick to view attachment
sixnotfour
Damn scary IMHO...the fact that someone could do exactly what you are doing, find a target car...then case out the place...
That is just scary to me.
All of mine are inside...and NO, I wont post my address of a pic of my place...just to creepy for me.

Hasnt that been done a few years back ?

I dont think the address should be posted.
Heeltoe914
Agreed no address unless someone PM you and would like to drop a note to buy it butt thats for members here Only than we have a paper trial if something bad happens My 2 cent.
zambezi
QUOTE(schreiber @ Feb 22 2009, 10:14 AM) *

Looks like your mail just arrived.
JIM
Bleyseng
in Seattle
IPB Image
pavpav12
in pa
schreiber
I figure this is a good a thread as any to post this little place I found that I am SUPER curious about. I spotted what looked like a 'teener from the road...

Click to view attachment

Upon closer inspection, I found SEVERAL 914s. They are in various stages of disrepair...

Click to view attachment

The thing that really gets me is that this isn't a residence, and it isn't a place of business. According to the neighbors, it's just a building that some guy uses to store his cars, some of which are outside...

Very curious
huh.gif
6freak
If thats outside!! whats inside??? idea.gif
schreiber
QUOTE(6freak @ Feb 25 2009, 09:30 AM) *

If thats outside!! whats inside??? idea.gif

I KNOW, RIGHT?!
drooley.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.