Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: One thread, one meeting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
r_towle
Can we all agree to be online once per week for less than an hour to update this real time.
Its becoming to fragmented with all the threads to keep track.

I think we are pretty close to wrapping this planning up and I just want to confirm all of the details once.

So, how about late night saturday...when we are all available.

Rich
VaccaRabite
Right now I still have no internet due to everyone dragging ass after my flood. Weekends are O.U. T. out for me for the forseeable future.

Zach
r_towle
For that exact reason....lack of time...I am proposing that we reduce all these threads to a single, simple, todo list.

We are close to being done, lets not over complicate this with to much.
I would like for us all to enjoy the day...and the weekend spending time with friends.

We can learn from this year, and add what we want to next year.
I feel the key is to extablish the local NE community to rally around one event that we can grow/change/ leverage.

I am always sad that CA is so far away.
so, in that spirit, lets get this finished up, save time for all involved, and close up the last few items...its a short list.
Lets not add to the list...we are good.

If we all get on at close to the same time, we can wrap up alot of the little things...put them to bed, and move on.
Rich
rick 918-S
i'll be on at 11:00 PM Central time on Saturday. Sorry I haven't been more attentive. I was hit with a couple large losses that require complete involvement.

I will have Forrest respond to your instructions Rich. He was over and borrowed the trailer again this week. He owes us.

Can I make a suggestion? Start a new post with a check list in the first post. Delete the items as their resolved.

rick 918-S
I called Forrest today and left him a message about the planning meeting tonight. Then I realized 11:00 pm here is midnight there... Well, Here's what I see needs to be completed.

Saturday morning:

Are we collecting money for the group swap meet spaces or not?

This could be part of an event fee but we need to decide soon. This is effecting the completion and launch of the sign up sheet.

Saturday Night:

Either decide were going to take money in advance for meals on Saturday night or were not. Last I read, Doc was waiting to here back on the cost of the party room, meals and use of the parking lot.

This could be part of an event fee but we need to decide soon. This is effecting the completion and launch of the sign up sheet.

Swag:

Ray is pulling together a deal with oldschool from both the world and club site. I guess he does shirts and has the means to take orders on line one at a time from people who either are attending or just want the swag. He will then drop ship the shirts and bill the person that placed the order. Last I spoke with Ray he was nearing completion and would have info soon.

Swag can be added to the web site as a link when we have the details.

Sponsors:

Anyone that received stuff from sponsors send the info to Forrest:

His email address is: grifty at gmail dot com

I tslked to forrest about adding a sponsor page but he needs some info.

That's all I got for now.
rmital
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 22 2009, 12:36 AM) *

Sponsors:

Anyone that received stuff from sponsors send the info to Forrest:

His email address is: grifty at gmail dot com

I tslked to forrest about adding a sponsor page but he needs some info.

That's all I got for now.

sending the sponsor stuff off to grifty now.......

Mike/evil, send me your logo please
VaccaRabite
in that case (as I mentioned int he Event Cost thread) all I need is the menu cost at the Sinkhole, and if there is a cost associated with getting the Bowling Alley room.

Zach
r_towle
another idea....well that did not work...damn we have more than one page of threads here....lol
rick 918-S
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 2 2009, 05:44 PM) *

another idea....well that did not work...damn we have more than one page of threads here....lol

Where you been? shades.gif lol-2.gif
r_towle
Working on my new job.
ITs been tough. I have had alot of restrictions on my behaviour.
Its day by day..not the best situation. I will tell you over a beer...you will be shocked.

No excuses here. I will step up and do what I can after work.

By the time I get home...I really dont want to look at a computer.

Rich
rick 918-S
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 3 2009, 05:00 AM) *

Working on my new job.
ITs been tough. I have had alot of restrictions on my behaviour.
Its day by day..not the best situation. I will tell you over a beer...you will be shocked.

No excuses here. I will step up and do what I can after work.

By the time I get home...I really dont want to look at a computer.

Rich

No need to explain. New jobs suck. Too much to learn, too many expectations, and exhausting to say the least. At least you can say your gainfully employed.

We have all been covering each other pretty good. Next year it may help to get a few more locals involved to take the heat off.

The event is moving forward nicely.
r_towle
I am home now..
My job sucks ass.
Boss monitors all phone calls, emails, web activity etc..
Its amazing.
I have been in sales for 20 years and I have never been treated like this...and I have been the only revenue generator in the office..even though I am the new guy..

This amazes me...I produce within 8 days of starting...not a small deal either...yet he decides to ride me. His loss.

It wont last long...it was an amazingly shitty day yesterday with my phsycho for a boss...I will be moving on shortly..

Some people make me laugh..this guy is one of them. I now understand why the turnover within his business is so high. I have been a VP of sales with some big teams that I built...I have been professionally trained...and I am good at selling.
This little POS has 50 people and only 3Mm in revenue...50 sales people. Do the math. I do 3Mm on my own.

I know this guy is small potatoes, and its just amazing that he tries topressure me and manipulate me...all with really stupid childish games...Ihave never messed with people like this guy..it just takes alot of energy to shut him down.

I told him NO yesterday when he demanded that I provide him with ALL my contactsin my personal database. In sales, that is your value. This guy must think I am drunk or just totally stupid.

My contacts are seriously CEO's...lots of them.
Many are my friends.

Rich
rick 918-S
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 3 2009, 02:21 PM) *

I am home now..
My job sucks ass.
Its amazing.
I have been in sales for 20 years and I have never been treated like this...and I have been the only revenue generator in the office..even though I am the new guy..

This amazes me...I produce within 8 days of starting...not a small deal either...yet he decides to ride me. His loss.

It wont last long...it was an amazingly shitty day yesterday with my phsycho for a boss...I will be moving on shortly..

Some people make me laugh..this guy is one of them. I now understand why the turnover within his business is so high. I have been a VP of sales with some big teams that I built...I have been professionally trained...and I am good at selling.
This little POS has 50 people and only 3Mm in revenue...50 sales people. Do the math. I do 3Mm on my own.

I know this guy is small potatoes, and its just amazing that he tries topressure me and manipulate me...all with really stupid childish games...Ihave never messed with people like this guy..it just takes alot of energy to shut him down.

I told him NO yesterday when he demanded that I provide him with ALL my contactsin my personal database. In sales, that is your value. This guy must think I am drunk or just totally stupid.

Many are my friends.

Rich

Holy crap! Watch what you place in their computers. They may try to declair it their property. What a piece of shit. But that's the sales game. I'm leaning twords a punch in the face but that's just me.

You should learn his business and open your own gig. Take his best people with you and put him out of business. That will learn him.
r_towle
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 3 2009, 08:58 PM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 3 2009, 02:21 PM) *

I am home now..
My job sucks ass.
Its amazing.

Many are my friends.

Rich

Holy crap! Watch what you place in their computers. They may try to declair it their property. What a piece of shit. But that's the sales game. I'm leaning twords a punch in the face but that's just me.

You should learn his business and open your own gig. Take his best people with you and put him out of business. That will learn him.

I dont do revenge..it take to much energy.
If I hit him, he wins..
I dont want to compete with him in this business...its not a great business at the end of the day...its a dying business model that the Internet has changed.

I have three plans in the works right now...one of them will happen.
Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.