Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT: Big Black Widow
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
Yikes. This guy was looking back at me while I was working under a bus project. So I bombed it last night. This guy got 10 feet from the bus before the poison kicked in. Blech!
rhodyguy
YIPES!! for a car that had been sitting for some time i would require the customer let me bomb it.
PeeGreen 914
blink.gif icon8.gif
914junkie
Click to view attachment
Check out this guy I caught cruising across my hallway carpet. It wasn't a black widow but damn it was big. That glass is almost 3" across! I didn't sleep well that night. blink.gif
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Feb 20 2009, 11:12 AM) *

YIPES!! for a car that had been sitting for some time i would require the customer let me bomb it.

type47
huh.gif harmless arachnid more scared of you than you of her..... does eat her mate after mating though...... biggrin.gif
LarryR
QUOTE(McMark @ Feb 20 2009, 11:09 AM) *

Yikes. This guy was looking back at me while I was working under a bus project. So I bombed it last night. This guy got 10 feet from the bus before the poison kicked in. Blech!

Whew I saw the post and was thinking man I hope that did not come from my car...

What do you use to bomb the cars with I am sure the one sitting beside my house has black widows again... Last time I blasted the engine compartment, wheel wells, all around the trans and exhuast, under the dash and in the trunk with raid (5 cans) but that was not real efficient. I was thinking if a guy had an enclosed trailer and one of those fumigation cans that would be sweet!

McMark
I used Ortho Indoor Insect Fogger. Popped the top and set in under the engine bay/transmission area then left for the night.

I don't have a problem with spiders in general. But something that can fuch me up and is living in the area that I need to work gets killed. I have no desire to spend any time coaxing a black widow out into the wild.
orange914

they're agressive out here in the hot central valley. i once pulled a web off not knowing the spider was a foot away, it came at me rather that jumping like any other spider would. icon8.gif stromberg.gif

nice picture

mike
Rav914
I read, that in your lifetime, at least two spiders will crawl in and then out of your mouth while you sleep.

Sleep well tonight!
Sleepin
....and they ask me why I would rather cut up a car in the dead of winter....
dinomium
QUOTE(Rav914 @ Feb 22 2009, 07:49 PM) *

I read, that in your lifetime, at least two spiders will crawl in and then out of your mouth while you sleep.

Sleep well tonight!

thanks for that! I am now going to wear my CPAP anti snore mask constantly!
effutuo101
Sleep with your mouth closed!
I get wierded out enough with all of the strange buggies they have up here in the PNW. I swear I caught a spider in my garage pimping out a couple of black widows and a brown recluse..... I walk down trails first to clear out the spider webs for my wife. She tells me that I am taking one for the team... hissyfit.gif
RoadGlue
That's a big one Mark! The used to live all over the outside of my old airstream back when I lived in it for a few years. Sometimes creeped me out while sleeping knowing they were just a foot from my head (but outside). Yuck.
mojorisen914
Although this pic isn't one I took; I have encountered 3 or 4 of them over here. This is the world infamous camel spider. I'm not afraid of spiders but on the other hand; I don't play with them either.
flippa
God I hate spiders.

Not too many things bother me, but spiders just suck!!!! Even snakes are OK next to these creepy bastards.

I worked for the State of CA years ago inspecting bridges thruout the Central Valley & the Northern counties. When you walk under a bridge during the day, their webs are completely invisible when coming into the shade of the structure. Often we would walk into them when entering around the abutments, and they always seemed to be built just at face level.

The web would hit my face and then I would spend five minutes skeeving out while wiping/brushing it off myself (& hoping no-one saw me jumping around & crying like a little girl). It was a great job, but the spiders sometimes would put a damper on the day.

God I hate spiders. Still to this day every time I see a pack of rats or other creepy crawly stuff on a jobsite I think to myself "at least it is not as bad as a spider web in the face".

It may be a frozen wasteland for several months of the year out here in the Northeast, but at least we don't have to deal with these guys.
yellow914

Was it screaming for it's alimony payment? If it was I think I know her!!!...and Thanks ar15.gif
Katmanken
Black widows...,

I think my dad married one of those....

He was hubby number 4 and 2 of the 3 PH's (previous hubbys) TWO were DEAD.

Now he's DEAD too... blink.gif

Wouldn't put it past her...

There's no fool like an old fool.

Ken
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(mojorisen914 @ Feb 22 2009, 10:36 PM) *

Although this pic isn't one I took; I have encountered 3 or 4 of them over here. This is the world infamous camel spider. I'm not afraid of spiders but on the other hand; I don't play with them either.

We call them Vinagroon Scorpions here.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(McMark @ Feb 20 2009, 02:09 PM) *

Correction needed - that is the GAL! The guys are harmless - mate with momma, she kills & eats him. A bite from momma can/will kill you quickly!

I've cleared out Brown recluse families from mu 914, which aren't to be taken lightly, but the Widow is deadly quickly!

Jeez, I hate spiders!
Pat
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.