Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Restoration Design still in business?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hartpenn
All,

Phoned and faxed Restoration Design last week and still no response. Does anyone know if they are still in business?

Thx,
Hart
Cap'n Krusty
Relax. That's how he is .................. The Cap'n
Zimms
welcome.png

So are you doing a conversion to electric?
biosurfer1
My suggestion is if you have any type of timetable, look elsewhere. Even if you get a hold of him and he gives you a date when the parts will arrive, don't believe it. He screwed me by HIM telling me when the parts would be at the repair shop. I even gave it an extra WEEK after the date he told me and nothing ever showed up. I called him and his answer was "sorry, they haven't even shipped yet"

Needless to say I cancelled my order and would rather give my money to Rich at HPH since he can deliver on time.
echocanyons
Give Him a call and leave a message, he will call you back when he has time.

Eric_Shea
I'm going to propose a new forum for "Is Restoration Design Still in Business" threads.

It wll be just above the "Will These Wheels Fit My Flares" forum and just below the "Six or Four" forum.

(sorry Hart... just chiding, as you can tell, Bill over at RD has an amazing skill for answering the phone.) welcome.png
r_towle
"which bushings are right for my car?"
"carbs versus FI"
"Is yellow faster?"
"What aftermarket seat will fit the backpad?"

rich
carr914
Use the search function - Bill is a good guy

T.C.
rascobo
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 20 2009, 02:47 PM) *

I'm going to propose a new forum for "Is Restoration Design Still in Business" threads.

It wll be just above the "Will These Wheels Fit My Flares" forum and just below the "Six or Four" forum.

(sorry Hart... just chiding, as you can tell, Bill over at RD has an amazing skill for answering the phone.) welcome.png

I second this,AND, nominate Eric & Rich to create and maintain them. lol-2.gif

All in favor, Just Think aye!...... Opposed?......

lets see happy11.gif ...opposed 2,...in favor...everyone else

The aye's have it! cheer.gif

Now Ya better get to work boys. whip[1].gif
rascobo
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Feb 20 2009, 12:48 PM) *

Relax. That's how he is .................. The Cap'n

agree.gif
boxstr
No, put it just below the "how much is it worth" threads.
CCLINTRYEBAY
bandjoey
I've bought just about all the panels he sells and the work is QUALITY..just a little slow. If you can give him a little time, he get the stuff right. FAX what you want and he'll call in a couple of days and take the order on the phone when he calls. I't always worked for me. biggrin.gif The other Bill.
hwgunner
QUOTE(hartpenn @ Feb 20 2009, 12:18 PM) *

All,

Phoned and faxed Restoration Design last week and still no response. Does anyone know if they are still in business?

Thx,
Hart

I spoke with him today...... TWICE! He is around just be persistant and let him know what you are looking for in your message. That way he can figure it out before he calls and not waste any time.

jonathan
IronHillRestorations
Let's not forget the "brown is ground" thread.
Richard Casto
And the "Should I buy this 914?" forum.
hartpenn
QUOTE(Zimms @ Feb 20 2009, 04:13 PM) *

welcome.png

So are you doing a conversion to electric?

Yes, I am converting to electric. The restoration is a job in itself. And this forum is awesome.

I faxed my order last Sat 2/14. Does he usually take this long to return calls on faxed orders? We are way past a couple of days here.
Wes V
I've had good dealings with Bill, but the phone thing can drive you crazy. Should the need arise, I'll buy from him again before going to another supplier that just re-sells his stuff.

What I do is fax him a note stating the items I want to purchase and ask if they are in stock.

I include my fax number and phone number with a request for him to get back to me.

Give him a couple days and then follow up with a phone call or another fax.

This has worked well.

The following advice applies to purchasing from just about any supplier out there; If they don't say that they have the item in stock, ready to ship, don't order it! Regardless of what they say, they will not "get a shipment in tomorrow"!! If it's somethng that you really need to fit a schedule, insist that the person taking the order put his hands on the item before you give your credit card number.

Wes Vann
ThinAir
QUOTE(r_towle @ Feb 20 2009, 04:48 PM) *

"Is yellow faster?"

rich

Do you mean there's a debate about that? biggrin.gif
Joe Bob
He's probably a good guy, but the customer service says go someplace else. When he's the last guy standing, I'll put up with that crap.....
hcdmueller
Of course yellow is faster!
hartpenn
OK, gave the guy two weeks with daily voice-mails during this last week. No repsonse. Finally gave up and gave my business to AA who answered the phone on first try. If RD has that much business, then they don't need mine.
Zaney
That isn't good news. I have only tried calling since Weds.
I really don't want to pay $25+ more for the parts elsewhere but, I would like to fix my longs this month.
confused24.gif
We shall see...
carr914
Use the Search - Bill is great - slow on response. Call after 4pm EST

T.C.
Richard Casto
I hate to bump this up to the top and perpetuate a thread with this title, but I just called RD and got a hold of Bill on my second try (first time phone was busy). Sadly, of the seven items I wanted, he only had one ready to ship. I have nothing against AA, but it's hard to pay 2x the price at AA vs RD. Granted AA probably has the items in stock. Gotta love supply and demand. sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.