Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WOT: Ghetto ass people!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BMXerror
Okay, so I haven't posted on here in quite a while because Verizon is d*cking around and their "High Speed" internet(which was never all that fast) has inexplicably slowed to a crawl in the past couple months. Anyways, that's not why I'm here. I just needed to bitch for a minute.
You see, last weekend was my brother's wedding. My brother and his, now, wife don't have much money (or jobs) right now, and everyone knows it. Well, at the wedding, which was in her parents back yard and actually VERY nice, there was a jar for guests to put cards in. Well, at a wedding, people often put money in these cards..... I think you can see where this is going. My mom called my brother today and asked if he had gotten the card that she and my dad had gotten for them, because she just had 'one of those feelings'. My brother said 'no'! The jar was still there with some cards in it, but not as many as he had expected by the number of guests. My parents had put $200 cash and a $300 gift card in theirs, and it was missing. My mom called Target (who the gift card was for) and they said that there was already zero balance on it! I told her to call again and talk to an actual person to see if there's any way they can trace who used the card. I doubt it, but it's worth a shot. I haven't found if the card that I put in there, with $320, made it to my brother or not, but that doesn't really matter! It almost doesn't matter that it's my brother either. I mean, how fucking ghetto can you be!?! It just pisses me off to no end that someone would do this at all! To show up at a wedding with people you know and steal from them! mad.gif ar15.gif chair.gif headbang.gif IDIOTS!
Mark D.
Heeltoe914
Said day, I have been to a few wedding and when its in a hotel its common to have a person full time monitoring the gifts and the cards.
Best Wishes to your Bro, anyway
Justinp71
That totally sucks!!!

Alot of people have no idea how much a wedding costs, its hard to even get enough cash back in gifts to put a dent in the cost of the wedding.

They will get what they deserve... sheeplove.gif
dflesburg
Damn.

Why did you invite Illinois Politicians to your brothers wedding?

I would take the dope smoking fatty chaser over those guys...
stateofidleness
it IS possible to track who used the card.. if you know the right people wink.gif

i work in loss prevention for a large grocery chain here in texas and have had to do this exact thing many times.. its doable.. hard.. but doable
BMXerror
QUOTE(stateofidleness @ Feb 20 2009, 09:02 PM) *

it IS possible to track who used the card.. if you know the right people wink.gif

i work in loss prevention for a large grocery chain here in texas and have had to do this exact thing many times.. its doable.. hard.. but doable

A solution is in the works. biggrin.gif ... I'll post more when it's resolved, but we're gettin' there. Still pisses me off! Thanks to the -World for being a complaint-cushion! beerchug.gif
Mark D.
P.S. Found out that my card and my sister's were left untouched. So far all we know of that is missing is the one my parents left. Probably a crime of opportunity. I.E. someone saw my mom put the card in the jar knowing that she was the mother of the Groom, and figured on some cash. Still, once we get more info we'll have to break this thing open and see if anyone else left something that didn't make it to my brother and sister-in-law. Thanks again.
stepuptotheMike
That does suck hard core. Seems that gift card theft is on the rise everywhere with the economy the way it is. I know that we have had at least 2 different occaisons here at the house where someone mailed us or the kids a gift card and the card showed up sans the gift card on this end.

Everyone used to be paranoid to send cash through the mail.... but I swear it's safer than gift cards if prepared correctly. Gift cards are just too easy to feel in an envelope and therefore seem to be really easy pickins for the bottom feeders.

I agree..... low.

Mike
BMXerror
Well, situation resolved! At least most of the way. So last night my mother called Target back and actually talked to somebody. Even though it was a representative in India, he was able to tell her a transaction #, store location, and exact time that the gift card was used. After that she called the store and eventually got hooked up with the store security. They were able to cross check with the security cameras to the time and the register number and see who used the card. This was all within a matter of an hour or so last night.
So this morning, my new father-in-law (a State Correctional Officer and host of the wedding) went down to the Target to ID the person. Guess who it was! It was My new sister-in-law's cousin and aunt! Apparently the cousin stole it and her mother, upon finding out, merely helped her spend it, instead of trying to return it. slap.gif Also, apparently, these two weren't even invited to the wedding because the whole family can't stand them, but they just showed up anyways!
After finding out who it was, my father-in-law went over to her place and demanded that she give back everything she had taken, or else he would make sure that she landed behind bars. To this, she returned the $500 that my parents had given them.
We still have to see if there was anything else that was taken. By contacting all the other guests, but it's a big load off of everyone's mind. More importantly, my brother knows who he can't trust in his new family. Again, how low can you be? To steal from your niece and her husband at her wedding! Lordy loo! alfred.gif Thanks for listening. I need beer3.gif
Mark D.
P.S. Worked on the Porsche today for stress relief. Adjusted the clutch, greased the rear bushings, and rolled out the front drop links. She drives much nicer now! biggrin.gif
stateofidleness
QUOTE(BMXerror @ Feb 21 2009, 07:34 PM) *

They were able to cross check with the security cameras to the time and the register number and see who used the card.

wink.gif

yes sir!

glad it worked out for you!
Wes V
If it was me;

Regardless of what the father-in-law said, after I got back everything back, I'd still file a report with the police.

I guess I'm just spitefull.

Wes
dw914er
good work in recovering the gifts to the rightful party

thats bad... stealing like that
ericread
Well done.

As for following up with additional charges, I'd walk away from that. No good can come of bringing charges of a family member once the missing money had been returned. At most a suspended sentance would probably be handed down, and someow, you would end up looking like the bad guys in the family.

You have made everyone whole. Pat yourself on the back (you deserve it) and move on.

TC 914-8
Wow, Good job on the detective work, Good luck to your Brother and new wife.

I almost had the same thing happen at my wedding 20 years ago, we almost flat out accused the Aunt and uncle from Nebraska for a missing envelope. Then after digging in the trash my now sister in law, found the envelope, un touched, in the trash with all the thrown away wraping. That could have gone ugly either way.

Being from Ca. myself, the cousin and Aunt sound like classic 909ers, and that ain't Porsche talk. shades.gif
Justinp71
I told ya they would get what they deserve...lol.
JRust
Well done! Nice to be able to catch someone who pulls crap like that. The aunt & her cousin won't be living that down anytime soon mad.gif
bperry
QUOTE(Justinp71 @ Feb 21 2009, 10:29 PM) *

I told ya they would get what they deserve...lol.

like what?

So far, the thieves got to attend a wedding that they were not invited to
and then go on a spending spree and the only thing that happened was
once they were busted, they had to give back the money they stole.

There was no actual punishment.

Eric_Shea
Right on... I love stories like this! LOL Fuching scum!
effutuo101
Good job and I am happy to hear that you are checking with the rest of the guests.
I could never be in Law Enforment. I would tell the entire family what they did and let nature take its course. I guess I need to grow some more as a person.
Joe Bob
You cand pick your friends but you can't pick your relatives....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.