Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: feeler for my chalon
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stateofidleness
hey fellas.. haven't posted in quite some time (work.. school.. boxster)

some of you might remember the red chalon i had started a thread about a LONG time ago (EDIT: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...6493&hl=)... well.. i had completely stripped it, tore the engine down (basically just removed the sheet metal, and sent it in to the body shop for some floorpan repair...

well... since my daily driver died on me around november last year, i picked up a boxster and am totally in love with the car... now.. i also have another 914 which some of you might have seen me refer to as "greenie"... she is in need of a tuneup or something to fix a bad idle, but other than that is a beautifully original '73 (with AC!).

so the dilemma i now face is what to do with the chalon. i think i am leaning towards selling the chalon, and putting the sale money towards a good rebuild on the green one and maybe some new wheels for the box.

what i dont know, is what can i expect to get for a '76 chalon, torn down to a shell, engine is together without the sheet metal on (which was freshly powder coated and never reinstalled), a 5 lug set of deep dish fuchs, some other upgrade items (steel gas lines, headlights, complete red and black interior) and some rust?

id like to sell it before the shop starts work on it so that im not putting more money into it if possible. i just really dont have the funds or the knowledge/patience to put it all back together again. i think i would be happy with the green one once it's tuned up.

can ya'll give me some advice as to what ya'll would do in my shoes and if you would sell the chalon, what it might be worth as it sits? wouldnt look to make any profit, merely get back what i paid for the car (not including all the aftermarket and replaced items)

thanks! (feels good to be back on the 914 board!)
PanelBilly
Projects that you don't want to do are just a burden to me. I'd blow it off and find someone local who wanted to finish the car and enjoy watching them rebuild it. I'm thinking $1500-2000 will turn it quick and get you enough dough to make a difference in one of your other cars.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.