Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB rear brake caliper
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
jrthomasec
I sent mt brake calipers out for re-build and left them complete with the pads, the 2 pins that hold the pads and spring retainer clip. when i got them back, all the hardware was missing.
Where can I get the retaining spring and the 2 pins that locate the pads in place????

Eric_Shea
Who rebuilt them?
LarryR
If you cant find a set of pins I will sell you a set of stock rear calipers super cheap.

like 20 bucks for the pair...
schreiber
LarrryR, if jrthomasec doesn't take you up on the calipers, I will. I'm in need of some, as my project car came sans rear calipers. (Fun drive home that day headbang.gif ) PM sent.
dbgriffith75
I sent mt brake calipers out for re-build and left them complete with the pads, the 2 pins that hold the pads and spring retainer clip. when i got them back, all the hardware was missing.
Where can I get the retaining spring and the 2 pins that locate the pads in place????

The same place you sent them to be rebuilt. Just call and politely ask around about them- it wouldn't surprise me if they set the pins and clips aside to rebuild them and then forgot to include them when they returned them to you.

Eric_Shea
agree.gif If it was me, this happens. I get so many calipers in it's hard to keep track of the extra hardware. I'll send newly plated goodies back. wink.gif
jrthomasec
they sent me a new hardware kit b/c they lost the old ones, but they are the wrong pins. I need the ones with the lobes. they just sent the straight pins.
It doesn't matter now. I have a used set of calipers comming with the hardware.

My car has been sitting too long, its driving me nuts..... headbang.gif
dbgriffith75
Here's the picture of the pins I have- like I said, I'm missing the retaining clips for one set, as arrowed-

Click to view attachment
jrthomasec
any one interested in a new set of pins for their brake rebuild....

when I get these pins, I am goina machine a new set out of stainless.....
if anyone is interested I will make a couple of sets....
Eric_Shea
Who rebuilt them?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.