Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 2.0 injectors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Rav914
Switching to carbs! I bought a set of four 2.0 injectors from a fellow board member a few months ago. He says they have run about 1000 miles. I have about 20 minutes of use at idle on them. All four work great. Elbow hoses. I'll post a picture tomorrow.

$450 for the set.
Rav914
Forgot to mention...I'll take partial trade for a stock sway bar with drop links.
ConeDodger
I believe he bought them from me IIRC... I bought them new in box 2.0 Bosch installed them and drove them for about 1000 miles IF THAT. Then, I built a 2270 and the rest as they say is history biggrin.gif Buy with confidence.
Rav914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 22 2009, 11:52 AM) *

I believe he bought them from me IIRC

Correct. Thanks for the plug!
kkid
Got pics?
Rav914
QUOTE(kkid @ Feb 22 2009, 04:58 PM) *

Got pics?

Not yet. I forgot my wife has the camera. She'll be back tomorrow.
OU8AVW
Help me out, are these things not $100 new? I see $55 rebuilt ones. I am in the market and just passed on those Webber 40s last week. Somebody let me know why $450 is a good deal and perhaps I'll pony up to help a fellow member. confused24.gif
SLITS
New, they are very expensive .... stupid Krauts anyway.

Cleaned .... about $35.00 each .... you supply good injectors. They run a cleaning solution through them, repaint and put in a new microscreen and pintle cover.

Rebuilt (see above cleaning), at parts stores, prolly in the $55 - $60 range.

Aftemarket and/or subsitute new injectors could be about $55 each. At least they were a few years ago from Standard Motor Products.
Rav914
Please understand I'm not being snide when I say these are hard to find.

I searched for three months to find these. I too found many sets on generic auto parts suppliers web sites. I bought only to receive an e-mail saying they are out of stock. I had a list of every D-Jet injector part number. I cross-referenced with Volvo, MB, any D-Jet system. Nothing.

I checked every local auto supplier in the area. Even the VW mechanic could not get them from his suppliers.

Pelican seems to have '75-'76 injectors for $146/ea. The '73-'74 are $277/ea. Click on the injectors at pelican and the $55 rebuilds jump to $277, but they're NLA.
Rav914
Bump for the photo.
dflesburg
http://www.ineedparts.com/index.php?target...roduct_id=14976

remanufactured for $44 each, plus you can get $7 back for your core. Thats pretty good.
Rav914
That's a fantastic deal! If it were true. See above post. smile.gif
tracks914
Buy a brand new car, drive it for "less than 1000 miles" and then try and sell it. See if you get close to 80% back..........
Sorry but used is used.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(tracks914 @ Feb 27 2009, 12:01 PM) *

Buy a brand new car, drive it for "less than 1000 miles" and then try and sell it. See if you get close to 80% back..........
Sorry but used is used.

Wow... Did you have some interest in his injectors and you're offended by his price? Or do you just feel it's necessary to screw with his sale?

If I were the person who posted this I would complain to an admin. There are things you say in a PM but not in the guys FS ad.
76-914
I just bought 4 of the little elbows for my injectors. Add another 40 Bucks for those and clamps.
dflesburg
let me get this right, you paid $40 for 12 inches of fuel line and eight line clamps...

No Sh*t ?

No Way... God, I am afraid to ask if you put them on yourself or if you actually paid someone to do that too.
SLITS
QUOTE(dflesburg @ Feb 27 2009, 07:46 AM) *

http://www.ineedparts.com/index.php?target...roduct_id=14976

remanufactured for $44 each, plus you can get $7 back for your core. Thats pretty good.

They don't list them for the application for good reason. We deal with the FI rebuilders and "rebuilt" is a real hazy term. More like cleaned and tested would be accurate.

The reason is that the "recleaners" won't pay what the core is worth. It costs us more to obtain them than they want to pay for them so we won't give them to them.

The machine that "rebuilds" them cost about $8000 a few years ago. The rebuilding process is to remove the inlet microscreen, media blast the barrel, and place them on the machine. The machine has connectors to trigger the solenoid and they pump a cleaning solution thru the injector (used to be 24 hours). After that, they pump fluid through them into a calibrated cylinder to test for "in spec" flow rates and spray pattern. If good, they paint them, replace the microscreen and pintle cap and put 'em in a box.

Supposedly, Python Industries in Stanton, CA was the only one who had the Bosch molds to cast the plastic tops. They could take the injector apart and replace the tops. Getting it to seal is a major problem.

One other thing ... if you send a "rebuilder" the injectors and they leak around the top to the barrel, or the solenoid is bad, the injector is bad. So you send 8 and hope to get 4 good ones. Kinda like rolling dice as you can crap out.

I had listed a couple of rebuilders some time ago (One in Long Beach,CA - GB Remanufacturing, One is Mesa, AZ - Aus Jus Injection) that would "rebuild" your injectors for about $25 - $32 each. There are others.

There is your "rebuilt" story vs new. The new ones, due to their rarity, are worth the money. Your old ones have lasted 35+ years or so.

And, the original German FI hose is sold by the inch. I have tried to make my own elbows from the hose and haven't figured a way to pre-form the bend and have it stay. Using regular hose, it has to be a little longer to avoid crimping when making the bend from the rail to the injector.

I'm done ...................
tod914
There is a substitute BMW hose. Burried in the archives somewhere. Longer in length, but like half the oem price. When you have your injectors cleaned somewhere, don't forget to include shipping both ways onto the price tag. WitchHunter charged me $72.00 to clean & flow four injectors. Plus $13.00 shipping each way. So $101.00 total.
Very fair price Nate. And considering, they just recently became unavailable, you have the last of virtually new ones for less than half the price posted. Remember how those MPS's jumped up in price in a very short period of time. Good luck with your sale. smile.gif
dflesburg
That's a fantastic deal! If it were true. See above post.

It is true. I just took delievery of 4 checked them out and just ordered 4 more. LOL.

Thanks for letting me know they are getting hard to get.
Rav914
Nice work. Wish I had your luck!

You should post this in the Garage so others know where to get injectors. Add a picture too.
tod914
Would be interesting to see if you sent them off to a reputable injector company like witchhunter to see how well they test.
sixnotfour
QUOTE(Rav914 @ Feb 21 2009, 05:34 PM) *

Switching to carbs! I bought a set of four 2.0 injectors from a fellow board member a few months ago. He says they have run about 1000 miles. I have about 20 minutes of use at idle on them. All four work great. Elbow hoses. I'll post a picture tomorrow.

$450 for the set.

I believe he bought them from me IIRC... I bought them new in box 2.0 Bosch installed them and drove them for about 1000 miles IF THAT. Then, I built a 2270 and the rest as they say is history Buy with confidence.

He bought em from conedogger; And doesnt need em.
From what I know of Nate he would just like to move on, not retire from the sale.

For Sale Bump
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.