Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NextEngine 3D - group buy?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
smontanaro
Whoa! This is unbelievably cool! NextEngine 3D demo in Jay Leno's Garage
SirAndy
QUOTE(smontanaro @ Feb 21 2009, 08:20 PM) *

Whoa! This is unbelievably cool! NextEngine 3D demo in Jay Leno's Garage

Hell yeah!
aktion035.gif Andy
biosurfer1
wow....already assembled aprts from the 3D printer, thats amazing
johnnie5
Wow! Very cool.
Todd Enlund
YGBSM... under $3K???

And $15K for the printer... wow.
Joe Owensby
I have had one of the printers at work for about 3 years. We use it to make sample package components such as bottles and trays. The parts are moderately brittle, but are great to see what the final piece will look like. Having a customer sign off on an actual part as opposed to a drawing is invaluable befoe cutting very expensive production tooling. We also use the machine to make molds for thermoforming small quantities of sample parts. Basic input is a 3D file from a program such as SolidWorks, etc.

The really neat thing is that there are other types of machines that make an actual metal part using laser sintering of metal powders. This is pretty expensive technology now, but in a few years, it may be the way that most small quantity parts are actually made. JoeO
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Great, I volunteer my 914 , lets run it thro the process and I 'll have a bran

new 1973, 914 . Kinda like cloneing right? Dave slap.gif
brer
you don't need a fancy machine to do this.
I've been working with something similar for 3d scanning, and much more accessible here in my studio.

Can't share the software though.

smoke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.