Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Transmission leaking from shift linkage cover
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
johnnie5
Hey everyone,
So while I was doing my engine swap, I addressed a tranny leak I had at the speedo cable entrance (changed o ring, it was flat and hard). Now it appears that I have a bad seal where the shift linkage goes into the tranny (side shift), cause gear oil is leaking from the shifter boot/cover. The seal is available at the dealer for about $15.... but back ordered from Germany. The parts counter guy said 6 to 8 weeks, maybe longer.

Does anybody have a lead on where to get this seal a little more readily available?

Dr Evil?
kconway
Pelican Parts
johnnie5
QUOTE(kconway @ Feb 22 2009, 07:13 AM) *

Pelican Parts

So they do.... for $4.50. I suppose I should have thought to look there, I never claimed to be that smart though. Thanks for the heads up...
elmonte
Don't forget the O-ring #1 in the diagram

Click to view attachment
elmonte
P.S.

This diagram of the 73 also shows a gasket # 35

Click to view attachment
Dr Evil
I have them as well and will beat anyones price smile.gif Let me know
johnnie5
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 22 2009, 04:02 PM) *

I have them as well and will beat anyones price smile.gif Let me know

Dr. Evil,
Just let me know what seals/o rings/parts I need to stop the bleeding and how much Paypal total is. I would rather support a fellow 9World brother anyway.
johnnie5

johnnie5
PM sent...
Dr Evil
PM sent back smile.gif I will get you a cost when I get home in a few hours.
Dr Evil
Yup, I have #13 and #25 O-ring and seal for ya. Your lucky, I have plenty of the seals, but you are getting the last spare O-ring smile.gif I'll PM you the details.
johnnie5
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 23 2009, 04:44 PM) *

Yup, I have #13 and #25 O-ring and seal for ya. Your lucky, I have plenty of the seals, but you are getting the last spare O-ring smile.gif I'll PM you the details.

SWEET! No more leaky leak! Paypal sent, thanks Mike.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.