Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I just got my parts and ready to stick them in
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
weird_looking_cactus
I got a 1975 2.0 liter. I just got my a starter for $99 for a rebult one but its looks brand new. Plus a new battery around $49. And a oil filter. I tryed to push start the car and I had it started up for about 20 seconds but the battery I was using to came of the another car so it keep coming on and off but it seem to run pretty good for that 20 seconds. The car has been sitting in the same spot for about 6 months so Im suprized it started. Im going to stick all this new stuff in tomarrow sence it was raining today but I pulled the car to my grandmas house that was a kinda a crazy ride sence I had to stay in the car and steer it. Every cornor I went around the door would fly open cause it won't lock and the back trunk won't lock ether. I can fix the door but I need someone to take some pictures of how there trunk opens and how it locks. It would also be helpful to get a picture of how the starter goes in or weres its at. I still need a new dash and if someone can take a picture of there engine that has the same car that would be great cause I can see theres lots of little spots were hoses are missing. Im going to take some picture tomarrow if its not raining.
davep
One thing you can do is to go to Pelican Parts website and look at the tech articles.
A lot of effort has gone into these articles to assist new owners. For the starter you will need some 15 mm wrenches and sockets. One nut is in the engine compartment.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/914tech_articles.htm

Most hoses diagrams are available as well.
http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/technical_...el_diagrams.htm

The 2.0 is a good engine, although the 75 exhaust system sucks. Good luck.

DaveP
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.