Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LSD rebuilding
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
I have a factory LSD box I am rebuilding and converting to side shift for a customer. The LSD may need a refresh, but I cant find any info on parts for the clutch disks. Anyone know of sources? Also, any links to info on rebuilding a LSD and adjusting the bias OR a place that will do it?
PeeGreen 914
Sorry, I know nothing. I'll give ya a bump though beerchug.gif

popcorn[1].gif
charliew
Mike there is a guy that does porsche and suby trannys and is really knowledgeable on early suby stuff named Matt Monson. I think he hangs out here and on nasioc for sure. He does it for a living so I'm not sure about a how to but maybe he can help on the parts.

Also check out redbeard he may know something he does 914 trannys. He's in houston.

Also there is a guy named Jay Stewart in CO. that does 901's and such. I found him on the samba I think.
ChicagoPete
Carquip out in Colorado is probably an easy place to start...I know they do plenty of work on boxes and LSDs...

http://www.carquip.com/parts/914/index.asp

Peter
sean_v8_914
I dont know how to share teh whole thing
Dr Evil
QUOTE(charliew @ Feb 23 2009, 01:05 AM) *

Mike there is a guy that does porsche and suby trannys and is really knowledgeable on early suby stuff named Matt Monson. I think he hangs out here and on nasioc for sure. He does it for a living so I'm not sure about a how to but maybe he can help on the parts.

Also check out redbeard he may know something he does 914 trannys. He's in houston.

Also there is a guy named Jay Stewart in CO. that does 901's and such. I found him on the samba I think.

Ya, I know James (Redbeard), I was best man at his wedding wink.gif

I didnt think about carquip....why, I dont know as I am dealing with them often enough.

I looked into Mittlemotor thinking that they would have it as they seem to have everything and no luck. Just a picture.
ChicagoPete
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 23 2009, 12:29 PM) *

I didnt think about carquip....why, I dont know as I am dealing with them often enough.

When I purchased my ZF from Carquip I recall having conversations about my application and what I wanted and I seem to remember that they actually built what I wanted from what they had around.

Peter
ArtechnikA
Two more names are Steve Weiner at RennSportSystems and of course Paul Guard of Guard Gears.
904svo
Rebuilding LSD can be found in 914 manual Group3,
Final Drive Manual Transmission 914/6. Loacted near end
of group 3
904svo
lsd part numbers

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Hope this helps you.

charliew
I think Matt Monson was in colorado and may have worked at carquip and I think I read where he is doing his on thing now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.