Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Scary Fast
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
WRX914
Ok guys,

I had Snail Performance from Phoenix come over to the house yesterday as they were already in Vegas to tune a bunch of Subies in town. They came over to tune the new engine, but ran into issues when they could not find two test override clips needed to hook into the laptop to re-tune. Long story short... We went on a test drive to get a base reading and we found out that I am only opening the throttle 58.2%!!!!

0-100 in a block or so!

I am fearfull of the potential of this engine/car package...

Guys, I have driven some extremely fast things in my life. If the readings really are true, the ole' teener will be one fast bitch.

The tuners from Snail could not believe how incredible it is now, not to mention what we will be looking at with full throttle. IF I decide to add any HP's, it is as simple as buying a bigger turbo ($250) used stock STI will be sick or a different ECU.

piratenanner.gif
jimkelly
i got a V8 in mine - but with minimal rubber - but dang - big smile factor.

i would love to have a 914 turbo sub powered - not only for the great gas mileage smile.gif))
VaccaRabite
An STI motor is designed to rocket an AWD car that weighs about 1000 pounds more then our cars do.

In a RWD (less drivetrain loss) car that weighs a 1/2 ton less it will be scary fast, I bet.

Zach
ssstikircr
YA BABY! piratenanner.gif
Isn't that what it's all about?! aktion035.gif driving.gif
PeeGreen 914
agree.gif piratenanner.gif aktion035.gif I hope to see video soon.
jimkelly
frustration is the problem with a well powered 914 - whether it be a V8 or suby or other high horsepower powerplant.

i can hit 50 in 2nd - she sings up to 5,000 rpm - i do not use 1st gear.
see video - hear sound - of engine running thru second and third gear ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Pr0BPgJwNA

i need one police free day to really let it rip.

i use 3rd and 4th - only because they are there...

then i drop it into 5th for hwy crusing at around 2800 rpm at 60mph. tires 195x60x15 - so speedo is off.
jsayre914
laugh.gif Nothing like the feeling of a 914 blasting down the road shades.gif

nice job
DBCooper
Oh my, that's TERRIBLE news. 40 percent more horsepower, for free? Terrible, just terrible. We sincerely hope you find some way out of your predicament... lol-2.gif beerchug.gif

WRX914
The guys who were supposed to tune it are from Phoenix. One is a Crew Chief on a F15! After going for a ride, they asked me if I was sure I wanted to open the throttle all the way cause it was fast enough any more and my liscense would probably be yanked due to excessive tire spin. confused24.gif WTF.gif av-943.gif I of sourse said "Hell yes I want it to open 100%"!
Zaney
Just think what you could do with a RWD converted Suby 5 speed with a LSD??!!! That would be some serious white knuckle driving! driving.gif aktion035.gif
Food for thought!
Have fun!
charliew
rwd suby is not the same as dropping 1000 lbs and also rwd only and the weight in the middle. One good thing about the little suby is the torque is low and the tires have a chance to hook up easier than the bigger cube motors in the 914. My son's sti does a easy 11.4 at 110 with a slow 60 ft time to avoid abusing the driveline too much. Remove 1000 lbs and loose a extra differential and even more is available to the wheels in the 914. But there is a big difference in a built 2.5 sti motor and a hybrid 2.5 wrx motor. But the hybrid is plenty to have fun with.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.