Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: '75 2.0 on Craigslist Portland
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Todd Enlund
I can't buy it right now, or I would:

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/1047342098.html

Edit: I did a PPI on it today for someone on the east coast. It does not appear to be very rusty... because someone repaired it in the past. It has no jack posts, and the hell hole is patched. Two thick coast of paint over the original makes it hard to tell what else might be hidden...
JRust
Hey todd,
What is the paint condition like? I emailed the guy. Any idea if the 5-lug is just redrilled stuff? Thanks- Jamie
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(JRust @ Feb 24 2009, 08:38 PM) *

Hey todd,
What is the paint condition like? I emailed the guy. Any idea if the 5-lug is just redrilled stuff? Thanks- Jamie

Earl Scheib would be ashamed of the paint job. Huge sags and runs, and it's old enough that there are chips going through all three layers showing the original Palma Green. They did paint everything though... it looks like it was stripped to the tub at one point for rust repair and paint. Car is originally from Colorado, and has been a garaged car as long as he has a history for it. Hell hole was taken care of, but they just used sheet metal, and not factory repair panels. There is still a small rust hole that was painted over in the top of the suspension console. The jack points are deleted. There is a big rust bubble on the drivers side just ahead of the rear wheel. front trunk floor is dented up just a tad from hitting something, not a big deal. Seat bracket are drilled through for sport seats, but the pan looks good. Trunks have minor surface rust. The 5 lug is redrilled 914 stuff. The engine is unknown condition, pair of 40 IDFs, and the guy said there are gremlins in the electrical system... and the harness is painted over. The speedo is a silver button 120mph unit, tach and gas are correct late gauges. Dash has an additional gauge to the right of the column (don't remember what is was), and a center console. Dash pad has typical cracks. Corduroy interior is okay... no tears, but kinda scruffy and dirty.

Overall, probably a decent project for someone, but not for a resto.
boxstr
Folks Don't waste your time. It is a parts car, and not many at that.
Jamie, it would make a great restoration project for you though biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.