Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Trunk Pull
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jeffs9146
Broke this today! Whats involved in repair?
boxstr
Last one I did I removed the cable at the latch end and pushed the remains back to the interior. Remove the cable and handle from an old one and pushed it back through and secured at the latch.
One word of caution, do not remove the two hex head bolts under the front hood that secure the pull handle assy . They were the most difficult bolts to get started, that I have ever had the pleasure to deal with on the 914.
CCL in sunny LOO
Jeffs9146
Does anyone in the SF bay area have one I can come by and pick up today??? I cant drive the car with the trunk open and I cant close the trunk because it would be difficult to reopen!

Jeff
Part Pricer
...and let's not forget that is where the gas tank is.
Jeffs9146
Filled er up yesterday, came home and broke it!
Brad Roberts
Email Mueller (or PM him) He is the closest person to you that might have a cable. I know I dont have one (extra)

B
Jeffs9146
I just hung up with him....nope!!

I took the bolts out and I am able to open the trunk by pulling on the whole bracket. So it is not as urgent now!

Thanks for your help!

Jeff
Brad Roberts
I never pull these from the tubs we part out.... Not sure about others, but you may have to visit EASY or Bontempi for a setup.

B
Jeffs9146
Thats the plan unless I can find someone who is currently parting out a tub!! Maybe Jen doesn't need her old one??

Jeff
Brad Roberts
She wont,

but when we can get it for you is the question. Neither car is within a hour of you and I dont plan on starting on this "swap over project" for few more weeks. I have 2 other projects in front of hers.

B
Jeffs9146
Where are they? Now that I can open the trunk, time is not an issue. I will keep looking but if it works out, and I still need it in a few weeks, I will let you know.

Thanks
Jeff
boxstr
I will check and see if I have a good one tommorrow I have a couple (3)tubs and I have a a spare cable with handle.
CCLinLOO
Jeffs9146
No need to jump through hoops on this one, boxtr. Shipping it from Or. is not worth your energy. I can find something closer now that I am not in a hurry. Thanks for thinking of me!

Jeff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.