Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1975 Porsche 914 1.8 liter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nigolusa
Does anybody know if this is the correct installation of the passenger side fuel rail?

The photo is looking down from the engine bay.

WTF.gif
Cap'n Krusty
The hose tap points up, so yours appears to be upside down. The Cap'n
nigolusa
This so called Porsche mechanic screwed me along with other things. Should brand new injectors contain remnants of rust?

Also, what attached to that middle hose tap point?

QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Feb 24 2009, 11:50 AM) *

The hose tap points up, so yours appears to be upside down. The Cap'n

Cevan
I agree, it's upside down. For an L-Jet car, nothing attaches to that port. I've attached a fuel pressure gauge there to test my pump and fuel regulator.

It's used on D-jet cars on the driver's side to supply fuel to the cold-start valve.
nigolusa
Do these look like new fuel injectors? The so called Porsche mechanic said he installed new ones?
nigolusa
Do these look like new fuel injectors? The so called Porsche mechanic said he installed new ones?
Cevan
What type of fuel injection do you have on your car? Those injectors look like 2.0 injectors, based on the green color. Definitely not L-Jet. '75 1.8's came stock with L-jet.
r_towle
QUOTE(Cevan @ Feb 24 2009, 03:45 PM) *

It's used on D-jet cars on the driver's side to supply fuel to the cold-start valve.

I Do Not agree.gif

Yes, your metal fuel rail is upside down.

Rich
Cevan
QUOTE(r_towle @ Feb 24 2009, 06:52 PM) *

QUOTE(Cevan @ Feb 24 2009, 03:45 PM) *

I Do Not agree.gif

Yes, your metal fuel rail is upside down.

Rich

confused24.gif

From the bird site. It's also how my '74 2.0 came.

Click to view attachment
ClayPerrine
Those are NOT L-jet injectors...

Those are D-Jet injectors.

IF you still have the stock injection, they won't work properly. Different impedance. They will pulse, but the injection pulse will be a lot shorter. D-Jet injectors take more voltage to fire than L-Jet. So you get a lean mixture.

Plus the plugs won't fit in them.
dlo914
QUOTE(nigolusa @ Feb 24 2009, 01:12 PM) *

He meant they were new to this car from another car. dry.gif screwy.gif headbang.gif spank.gif chair.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.