Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dunlop Direzza DZ101
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dw914er
Well, now that the WCR is coming up fast, I need to stop procrastinating and get new tires so I can have fun (and grip)

I have been searching, and a relatively cheap, yet good tire seems to be the Direzza DZ101. My tire size will probably be 205-50-15, so if anyone has any better recommendations, I am open to them.

anyways, anyone have any input on this tire?

Thanks,
Ben
carr914
I've got a set of 205/50/15s on my DD Civic. I've had Avons, Kumhos, etc. The Direzzas are the best I've had so far for the money.

T.C.
dw914er
yea... they are 56 on tirerack.com

I wish th starspec came in that size, the grip is amazing, but the direzza is half of the bfgoodrich gsport's for my size
ChrisFoley
My understanding is that they can't be beat for DE events, but on the street they are a bit noisy.
Downunderman
If you are talking about the D01J, then the D03G is better. http://www.stuckey.com.au/tyres_details.aspx?TyreName=DZ03G
they come in 4 different compounds. I use the full soft on tarmac rallies, but they are too soft for track and go off after 2 laps.
dw914er
those seems way more intense than the dz101 Howard. Idk how they compare though.

Thanks, Chris... Noise however isnt a huge issue.
jrthomasec
I run those on my 914. It has no sway bars and old stock suspension.
She corners like a bat out of hell now!!!!!!!!!!

Cant wait to see how she does with a sway bar and new shocks...

carreraguy
I've been needing to replace my tires soon and I got some good feedback from autox guys on the Sport Z1 Star Spec so I went to TireRack and their user reviews were all very favorable plus they have a $50 rebate program for the tires. I'm getting them.
Later
dw914er
sportz1? thats the star spec now right? They are incredible tires. Unfortunately, they do not come in my size sad.gif

btw, I love your car Carrera guy smile.gif.... tis beautiful.
carreraguy
QUOTE(dw914er @ Feb 25 2009, 11:00 AM) *

sportz1? thats the star spec now right? They are incredible tires. Unfortunately, they do not come in my size sad.gif

Thanks!
Understood - I've got five bolt Fuchs 16s on mine with 205/55 and 225/50's. I noticed their are plenty of reviews on TireRack re: the DZ101's - recommend you check them out there.
Later,
dw914er
yea... I went there first.. can't beat 56 dollars a tire smile.gif

yea, the star spec is in 205 50 16 lol... buddy has them on his 325 is.... soo much grip
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.