Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who's going to Zone 1 Tech?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
justme
Getting up early on saturday for zone 1 tech. What an awsome guest speaker this year for Porsche fans. Anyone know of any teener projects he engineered? My 914 is in pieces but if the weather is half decent ( 6 or less inch's forcast ) I'll take my 83SC targa. driving.gif
I'm going down with another CVR member. Let me know if your doing tech & the dinner. We'll have a couple beer3.gif before dinner.

Norbert Singer! I hope he brings a 917 or 962!
beech4rd
I'm going, with a friend, from the Hudson Valley. We were thinking of taking a Euro 911 3.0 Carrera but the weather indicates that my Audi Quattro may be the prudent choice.
Don't think Norbert Singer had much to do with 914s- I believe he started on 917s and progressed through the 1973 RS/RSR cars, the 935 Moby Dick, and onto the 956s. I've read that he had the abilty to find gaps in the various motor sport regulations large enough to drive a very fast Porsche through. Anyway, I'm looking forward to an awesome day. The Farnbacher facility alone is going to be a blast.
Chris
beech4rd
I'm going, with a friend, from the Hudson Valley. We were thinking of taking a Euro 911 3.0 Carrera but the weather indicates that my Audi Quattro may be the prudent choice.
Don't think Norbert Singer had much to do with 914s- I believe he started on 917s and progressed through the 1973 RS/RSR cars, the 935 Moby Dick, and onto the 956s. I've read that he had the abilty to find gaps in the various motor sport regulations large enough to drive a very fast Porsche through. Anyway, I'm looking forward to an awesome day. The Farnbacher facility alone is going to be a blast.
Chris
justme
Hi Chris,

I didn't think Singer had much to do with the 914 race program sad.gif . At least Bruce Anderson has owned a teener or two.
I always wanted to go but never registered when it was in Springfield, my back yard. It being down at Farnbacher should be very cool,the extra incentive to get me off the couch.
To bad the weather's going to keep my P-car in the garage. My 914 is staring in it's own progress thread at the moment so tail waggin would be my only Porsche option.
See you there, should be great.

Phil
michaelmoo
If you get a few minutes with hom ask him if he had. At Petit Le Mans a few years ago i got him to sign a drawing of a 962 and had a 914 shirt on. I asked if he ever did anything with 914s and he said "a little bit." There was a line of people behind me so I couldn't ask for more info. Maybe he was just being nice.
justme
QUOTE(michaelmoo @ Feb 27 2009, 06:52 AM) *

If you get a few minutes with hom ask him if he had. At Petit Le Mans a few years ago i got him to sign a drawing of a 962 and had a 914 shirt on. I asked if he ever did anything with 914s and he said "a little bit." There was a line of people behind me so I couldn't ask for more info. Maybe he was just being nice.

Will do. I think I saw on "914 Market Report" in Excellence that he mentioned that he has owned them.

Cheers
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.