Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How's the 914 market?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rav914
Haven't been paying attention to 914 sales these past few months.

A unique opportunity to own a very nice car landed in my lap today. If I pull the trigger I'd have to sell the green car.

Are prices down, even, or waaaay down? I might pass and hold if it's bad.

Thanks,
Nate
tod914
Nate, I noticed the really nice ones are still demanding high prices. That yellow 75 1.8 and there was a 74 2.0 in phoenix red on ebay. Couldn't confirm the final bids. Think they might of sold privately. Guess it depends on the car and how bad somebody wants it. The potential for a high price is still there. If the car is as nice as your suggesting, grab it. Worst end case you resell it, maybe make a couple dollars or get your money back. Overall, average prices are down though.
Your green car looks real nice. Maybe put it on ebay and see what kind of responce you get. Took me two postings to sell my white one. Second time around had alot of serious buyers for it till someone hit the buy now price.
70Sixter
Looked pretty good in the most recent Excellence report on prices. I pay mostly attention to -6s. A "so-so condition" -6 was listed at just under $20k.

There have been some high prices for -4s reported at some of the big auctions.

I'd think the guy that is now priced out of 911 territory might look to the 914 as a reasonably priced alternative.
Slick914
I agree with what has been said. I thing the concours type car will still bring top dollar, but anything less has dropped significantly in price. sad.gif
sixaddict
HAte to promote down market but reality is prices are down and so is demand. What seems to have happened is those who must sell are offering or accepting low $$$. Then that sets the new market level. Ebay has been riding with 19 or so consistently which means too many choices and some are just not selling. This is not the tme to sell. Excellence numbers are never right ( but don't ge tme started there ) and now are way behind the curve.......it will take him til next update to reflect currrent situation. Good luck
Rav914
QUOTE(sixaddict @ Feb 25 2009, 07:30 PM) *

HAte to promote down market but reality is prices are down and so is demand. What seems to have happened is those who must sell are offering or accepting low $$$. Then that sets the new market level. Ebay has been riding with 19 or so consistently which means too many choices and some are just not selling. This is not the tme to sell. Excellence numbers are never right ( but don't ge tme started there ) and now are way behind the curve.......it will take him til next update to reflect currrent situation. Good luck

Kind of what I was thinking and saying without really looking into it.

Fortunately the other car didn't work out. It was a 1989 BMW E30 M3. A one-owner original in exceptional condition with less than 30,000 miles. Black with gray leather. A friend of a friend has it under covers in the garage. We discussed it but in the long run he couldn't let go. I don't blame him.

Now I don't have to sell in a depressed market. I was actually relieved he's keeping it. But I'd kick myself for the rest of my life if I didn't try and buy the BMW.

I'll rest easy tonight (but I still want the M3 biggrin.gif )
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.