Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Need weather report from Lake Arrowhead, CA.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KaptKaos
Heading up to Lake Arrowhead with the family and some friends this weekend. I need to know the following:

1) Is the lake frozen? (family has lake access)
2) Is there snow on the ground?
3) Do I need chains?
4) Any good trout streams nearby?
5) Should I bother bringing fishing gear?

I am going up with the family and friends, but I might be able to sneak away for a quick drink. I'm not 100% certain where we're staying, it's a family cabin type of thing, so I'll need some navigational help if anyone wants to meet up.

TIA
SLITS
Roads should be clear now. Snow still on ground ... not sure how much ... by now it will be mostly ice.

Best fishing is in the streams on the opposite side of the mountain .... South Fork of the Santa Ana River. They do fish in Lake Arrowhead, but the WASPS that live there don't like stinky bait or for that fact anyone else.

gary gartner

Hey Kaptain,
abc 7 mega doppler thingie says mid 50.s daytime and mid 30's nightime thru next week.
know nothing about the rest.
have a great time----

Hey Ron, how ya dooin??????

Gary beer.gif
KaptKaos
Thanks Ron & Gary,

I saw the weather forecast I am thinking that the sleigh riding opportunities for the little ones will be limited. That's why I was asking about the fishing.

Ron - Flies and worms are all about we'll use for the fishing!
SLITS
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Feb 25 2009, 02:13 PM) *

Thanks Ron & Gary,

I saw the weather forecast I am thinking that the sleigh riding opportunities for the little ones will be limited. That's why I was asking about the fishing.

Ron - Flies and worms are all about we'll use for the fishing!

Garlic smelling, sticky goo seems to be the best bait. Check with the fishermen at Lake Gregory Hardware in Lake Gregory. I'll see if I can ask one of them tonight.

Hi Gary ... heart is still beating and I'm still gettin' beat up by the Cap'n.
Kargeek
I was just up at the lake last weekend- we have a lake front place near the village. Last Monday the 16th we got 3 feet of snow however last Sunday during my stay it warmed up, rain with major snow melt.

you can see the local conditions via web cams:

[url=http://www.mountaininfo.com/webcams.html]

Here's one of my favorate sunsets...Click to view attachment
KaptKaos
Thanks for the link.

Looks like I am bringing the fishing gear!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.