Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How bad is this rust damage , in 914 trunk
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sam quartermain
This is the most recent teener i've considered buying ,

seller says that rear seals leak and the result is this truck damage.

how hard and or expensive of a fix is this . and is this car recoverable or is the truck damage a major deal ???

seller says car has approx 245 k k doc. miles . does that mean anything with these teener's , other then drive train can then run forever ???

This great running 914 has had one owner. The car was purchased from Santa Monica Porsche Audi on October 15, 1971. The car is black on black with deep blue sheep skin seat covers. The transmission was rebuilt and upgraded to a 1973 side shifter style in approximately 1990. The originial 1.7L engine was completely rebuilt in November 1993 at about 44,000 miles ago. The speedometer has turned over twice. Therefore, the total mileage on this car is approx. 244,000. The car is sharp appearing and has been garaged (with a cover) for the past 5 years. The total miles driven in that time period was less than 500 miles per year. The seller has all of the service receipts for the entire life of this one owner car.

The rust situation is quite good for a 37 year old body.

There is only one area that has rust, as you would probably guess, its in the rear trunk, near the locking mechanism. I have enclosed two pictures for your use. The floor is still solid. It has NOT rusted through. Some years ago, I had the entire floor of this trunk replaced because, as you probably know, the seals for that trunk were poorly designed. As a result, water had a way of finding it's way in.

There are no other rust areas on the car's body.

6freak
buy it chop it up and put a CH -47 chinook hilocopter engine in it exhaust out the back and you wont have to worry about that little rust spot poke.gif LMAO
SLITS
Leaking trunk seal .... common if you don't dry it out. Easily av-943.gif cut out and welded in ..... muffler heat shield attaches to it as I remember.

At least with the rust holes you won't have to worry about water collecting in the trunk anymore.

I do like the idea of the Chinook Helo too!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.