Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spent the day refinishing the track wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DNHunt
I got a set of Minilites from a guy who's father used to AX a 914.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

They had a few small blems and some of the paint had chipped so I decided I'd try to repaint them. We'll see how they hold up.

Click to view attachment

DNHunt
I think they turned out pretty well.

Click to view attachment

The hardware is really interesting with this the bolts have a small cone that fits into a conical depression in the washer. The bolt shanks are a tight fit in the wheel.

Click to view attachment

Dave
Ferg
wub.gif Those are Purty

Ferg
Gint
Look good Dave. Now you can touch them up when the need arises.
southernmost914
Perfect opportunity for that silver creamsicle color sceme. biggrin.gif

Steve
drgchapman
Glad to see you moving in the right direction.....Dave is coming out to play this year!
DNHunt
Yep,

Not that I'll make much of a splash in the pond. I am the proverbial field filler. I try to do the best I can and if I think I'm getting better I'm happy. It's just fun to compete.

Corner balance and alignment next week.

Dave
maf914
Nice wheels, Dave. They look good.

Did you install the oil cooler you showed us in an earlier post? How is it working? Enough capacity for your 2270?
DNHunt
I've been driving in 45 to 50 degree temps. The thermostat opens at 180 and the fan comes on at 190. The fan never comes on. I know it will with a higher ambient temps, but not sofar. The result of course is that sick looking foam cause the oil won't get hot enough.

Dave
rhodyguy
nice. where are you headed for the alignment?

k
Rav914
Dave,

Those turned out great. I like the look.

What paint brand/color did you use? Also, what are the dimensions and offset? Is it similar to stock 914 wheels? Thanks,

Nate
dw914er
those minilights look good
6freak
NICE WORK !!! I wont some .....but mine are going to require one more lug hole
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.