Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB 4 lug to 5 lug porsche adaptors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
ric birks
Wanted, set of 4, 4 lug to 5 lug adaptors. 4 lug on 130 to 5 lug on 130 pattern. Any help would be great. Thanks, Ric. driving.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(ric birks @ Feb 25 2009, 03:46 PM) *

Wanted, set of 4, 4 lug to 5 lug adaptors. 4 lug on 130 to 5 lug on 130 pattern. Any help would be great. Thanks, Ric. driving.gif

ric,

Are you feeling suicidal?
Cheapsnake
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 26 2009, 10:57 AM) *

ric,

I don't get it. Spacers are fine, but adapters are instant death. In my simple mind, an adapter made of quality material with quality fabrication and attached with quality hardware should be just as capable as an spacer of equal quality.
Granted, you have one less lug to carry the load, but if this is a factor then all stock four lug setups should be suspect. Somebody clue me please.

Tom

oops, just realized I'm off topic in the FS/WTB Fourm. Moving to the Garage.

underthetire
http://www.autoatlanta.net/action.lasso?-d...=10&-search

These won't break, just maybe your wallet!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Cheapsnake @ Feb 26 2009, 06:00 PM) *

ric,

I don't get it. Spacers are fine, but adapters are instant death. In my simple mind, an adapter made of quality material with quality fabrication and attached with quality hardware should be just as capable as an spacer of equal quality.
Granted, you have one less lug to carry the load, but if this is a factor then all stock four lug setups should be suspect. Somebody clue me please.

Tom

Until AA made theirs or rather had theirs made, they were all a death trap... Not instant death as you put it but I have seen them break at an autocross and drop a car onto it's belly exposing the fact that the guy had adaptors. They were against the rules. Imagine highway speeds and you get my point.
If ric is looking here, he is not looking to pay what AA charges for theirs.
Try Samba if you must have them.

Oh, and spacers aren't fine. The H&R ones yes, but there are dangerous spacers too...
ric birks
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 26 2009, 09:48 PM) *

QUOTE(Cheapsnake @ Feb 26 2009, 06:00 PM) *

ric,

Tom

Until AA made theirs or rather had theirs made, they were all a death trap... Not instant death as you put it but I have seen them break at an autocross and drop a car onto it's belly exposing the fact that the guy had adaptors. They were against the rules. Imagine highway speeds and you get my point.
If ric is looking here, he is not looking to pay what AA charges for theirs.
Try Samba if you must have them.

Oh, and spacers aren't fine. The H&R ones yes, but there are dangerous spacers too...
bump
markasap
I have a set
$200.00 plus shipping
Mark
914rat
How much are you willing to pay for a good set rick?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.