Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help! i can't decide on what color interior
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ok so im going to paint my car metallic midnight blue, and one of our members suggested a tan interior and i was originally thinking of a white and blue interior.
but now im torn, so your vote counts.

Any pictures would help.
LarryR
I really like black interior in all sports cars so black with black perlon carpet is my vote. Yes very unoriginal I know beerchug.gif
Jerry
Maybe.....charcoal carpet and dove grey seats??
Bruce Hinds
Tan.... there are so many shades, a nice saddle leather would look really rich!
B
SirAndy
QUOTE(749142 @ Feb 25 2009, 07:04 PM) *

im going to paint my car metallic midnight blue

Do what the factory did and give it the white interior it deserves!

IMHO, one of the best color combinations on a 914.
Dark(er) blue exterior, white interior.

wub.gif Andy
johnnie5
Black with just a little bit of red in there. Like Black Lloyds mats with red PORSCHE letters, and a few other red accents too.... my .02
dw914er
the blue and white either seems like either a hot rod combination, or rice. Wouldnt fit the 914 imo. (unless im picturing it wrong)

just white interior would be cool, or Black, and like red porsche stitched on the floor mats.

A tan or red interior would be cool, but not on blue... well, maybe tan would be if porsche does it now (cant picture it)
Todd Enlund
I voted tan... it would look good. Either that or black.
RiqueMar
Black
SirAndy
QUOTE(dw914er @ Feb 25 2009, 11:05 PM) *

the blue and white either seems like either a hot rod combination, or rice. Wouldnt fit the 914 imo. (unless im picturing it wrong)

Nothing rice about it ... Even nicer in a darker blue car ...
drooley.gif Andy

IPB Image
SirAndy
More pics ... aktion035.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

dw914er
no, a white and blue interior... like white middle, blue sides. I pictured a two tone interior

white itself is nice.. and kinda rare lol
MDG
I agree with Andy; white would look pretty cool. Also, check out some photos of mid-50's through early 60's British cars. Jaguars, Healeys, Astons etc.

They used a dark, almost ink blue paint; many had a deep saddle brown/tan that looks amazing. And, for real adventure, I've seen some C-Types that had an oxblood red interior. Might sound odd but it's fantastic. Some guy around here drives a Miata that has dark blue with red - looks good.

good luck on your install

m.
dlo914
I suggest a black suede with midnight blue inserts. The white and blue setup looks "ricey" as seen here:

IPB Image
icon8.gif barf.gif can you spell T-A-C-K-Y barf.gif You get my idea sub the orange for white.
MBowman325
QUOTE(dlo914 @ Feb 26 2009, 11:00 AM) *

I suggest a black suede with midnight blue inserts. The white and blue setup looks "ricey" as seen here:

(image)Imagine above picture posted here(/image)
icon8.gif barf.gif can you spell T-A-C-K-Y barf.gif You get my idea sub the orange for white.

Actually, I think the seats would look good blue and white in the above pic. But not sure about the two tone deal on the panels... Even if they were a white color, it might be too "busy" or tacky. But yes, that looks tacky in my mind.

I think Tan would be a good option. At least that would be my strong preference if I had a choice. White is nice, but I'd be concerned about dirt and such.
dlo914
Maybe you can do a similar color scheme: Blue Outside & Black Inserts
IPB Image

OR

IPB Image

IPB Image
PanelBilly
That's like asking tits or ass. It up to you, what you like. Especially if your not bringing the car back to original, then the choices are unlimited.

I'd think about the use of the car and how often I want to clean it. White is nice, but it will never hide like a darker color.
dw914er
QUOTE(dlo914 @ Feb 26 2009, 11:00 AM) *

IPB Image

thats what I imagined lol
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 25 2009, 09:22 PM) *

QUOTE(749142 @ Feb 25 2009, 07:04 PM) *

im going to paint my car metallic midnight blue

Do what the factory did and give it the white interior it deserves!

IMHO, one of the best color combinations on a 914.
Dark(er) blue exterior, white interior.

wub.gif Andy

my thoughts exactly but still torn
boxstr
Midnight blue, only one color works ....
markb
I went from black to tan & love it! It made a huge difference in interior temps with the top off.
euro911
shades.gif So - are you the one who snagged that tan interior from Jonathan last year? confused24.gif

Oh yeah, the vote ...

... I voted tan
markb
Nope, mines been in a few years now. smile.gif
QUOTE(euro911 @ Feb 28 2009, 05:51 PM) *

shades.gif So - are you the one who snagged that tan interior from Jonathan last year? confused24.gif

Oh yeah, the vote ...

... I voted tan

umm nope? i dont think so mark. so hows your projects goin man?
The Artisan
I am just starting to look for a 914, bimmer guy here. Almost restored one with my dad when I was 16 and have just started noticing them more and more. Anyway not sure how dark your blue is but I did a 2 tone interior in a 535i. Dove gray centers with pacific blue bolsters.
Kevin
IPB Image
Derek Seymour
Obviously just my opinion but unless you want to put a Cadillac emblem on your hood and change your name to Guido the Killer Pimp stay away from white or red.
IPB Image IPB Image

The black with blue inserts or vica versa looks like it would work well, but as far as your poll goes I voted tan.
Travisfling
I love a really dark rich brown on Midnight blue, but what do I know...
Kargeek
I vote tan but brown is what I have...might be nice.
Grngoat
I vote tan. The tan interior was one thing I really liked about my car before I bought it.

See Mike Floyds car for a blue/tan combo. Although not as dark as you are talking, it looks awful nice to me.

Click to view attachment
westdesert
Tan is classic, white and blue while more striking is trendy. I voted tan
PanelBilly
Tan is winning because it is the right color!

I'm so full of myself on Friday afternoons.
Mountain914
I'm a tan fan too - guess we are all full of it !!

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.