Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another restoration project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KevinP
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentHere's just another project restoration, this is on 1971 that was actully found online. It cost me more to ship it back to the east coast than I payed for the car.

Car had no tranny and the engine was sitting in the cockpit when it arrived.

Couple pics after I stripped the tub for blasting then the paint work. The orginal color was Tangerine and the car was a 1.7 from the factory.

I found a 2007 Ford Fusion color I liked so a PPG paint "Merlot" was purchased. My wifes Uncle and I did the paint work in his garage and it came out fairly well.

My intend is to make this a weekend driver, and I've got lots of work left to do!
KevinP
Had a problem loading the paint pics so I'll try again, Sorry!
KevinP
Here's the out come!
KevinP
Click to view attachmentHere's the out come!
FourBlades

Nice looking car!

Please post some pictures of the in between, like your flare install.

John
KevinP
QUOTE(FourBlades @ Feb 26 2009, 11:10 AM) *

Nice looking car!

John

Thanks John, will do...

I got my Flares from one of our members "Steve" out in Las Vagas- Thanks Steve!
I decided to go with the steel over the fiberglass.

I haven't got real comfortable with posting pics yet so bare with me.

There will be many more pics to come.

Next up, is the bumpers... I sent them over to SpaceCoast Plating in Melborne for chroming.

KP

KevinP
QUOTE(FourBlades @ Feb 26 2009, 11:10 AM) *

Nice looking car!

John

Thanks John, will do...

I got my Flares from one of our members "Steve" out in Las Vagas- Thanks Steve!
I decided to go with the steel over the fiberglass.

I haven't got real comfortable with posting pics yet so bare with me.

There will be many more pics to come.

Next up, is the bumpers... I sent them over to SpaceCoast Plating in Melborne for chroming.

KP

schreiber
Great start! Keep up the good work!
KevinP
Guys,

I'm so sorry for the double post, maybe one of the Admins can un Fuch my mess.

KP
PanelBilly
GREAT color. I know a lot of folks on this board go for the OEM colors, but what the hell, I like to see these these cars in something different. What you doing for a drive train. That 1.7 and flares don't go togeather in my view.
toon1
Bad A$$ color!
watsonrx13
Kevin, great to see you once again working on a teener.... Keep up the good work... aktion035.gif

-- Rob
KevinP
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Feb 26 2009, 11:59 AM) *

GREAT color. I know a lot of folks on this board go for the OEM colors, but what the hell, I like to see these these cars in something different. What you doing for a drive train. That 1.7 and flares don't go togeather in my view.

I decided to go with a bigger motor 105 X 71 (2L crank) the motor that the guy sent out with the car ended up being a 1.8 Ljet.

I found a 2.0 L crank so I sent the heads out to Len for a rebuild/upgrade. Did the whole deal- new everything, SS valves, repositioned plug holes, springs, keepers,
moly pushrods, swievl foot adjusters, valve seats, 1.7rockers from Jake. The P/C's were from European Racing that I got for free from a friend, pistons are J&E's. Cam is a Webcam 86b.

Didn't have the cash for new rods but had them rebuilt/rebushed and ARP bolts installed.

Hey, I know what they say about heat in the larger bores so I did have everything coated, both dry film and thermal on the needed parts. I think thats going to be money well spent. Got a contact at Calico to help out on the coatings.

Gonna need some carbs so I probley go to Jake for them.

There are things I would do differently if I had the money but right now i'm ready to get this thing back together.

KP

KevinP
Hey Rob,

Good to hear from you!

Kevin
veltror
Very nice, metallics rarely look good on a 914 but this is nice...
jc914
Nice job and the metallic looks good
MDG
QUOTE(KevinP @ Feb 26 2009, 10:35 AM) *

Click to view attachmentHere's the out come!

that looks fantastic! smilie_pokal.gif Can't wait to see more

m.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.