Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Our local thieves....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
J P Stein
...motherfuckers.
Some time after I left for work at 0 dark30 this morning, some stupid sumbitches tried to steal my trailer from in front of the house. All they accomplished was to get it all kattywampus in its parking spot and somehow managed to jackknife it into their rig.....maybe a small pickup... and wipe out the driver side tail light assy. From the amount of plastic shittage laying on the ground they really wiped it out. I would have loved to have watched this cluster fuck.....before adding some buckshot to their problems. Maybe next time.

I used a few methods to thwart such goings on and they worked well....now I have added to the difficulty factor.....but I could use a few more if anyone has some suggestions.
Dr Evil
smile.gif Lock a trailer hitch ball in the receiver. Then the receiver will be inaccessible.
ssstikircr
The 1 good thing is that they did not get it.
ar15.gif
jim_hoyland
A neighbor just went throught the exact same thing. Even if the hitch ball is locked they will wrap rope around the tongue and around their bumper.

Some of our customers had installed Lo-Jack in trailers that contained valuable stuff.
J P Stein
Part of their problem was they couldn't get a ball into the receiver. I used a different method but it is effective......and sneaky. I think I now need a padlock that impervious to bolt cutters......the one I have is stout, but I'd like an absolute killer padlock. I don't think I've seen the last of these idjots. Ideas?
sww914
If I ever buy an enclosed trailer I'll put graphics on it that say Jim Bob's Crime Scene Cleanup, inc. or Milt's Mortuary or Carl's Used Caskets or something like that on it rather than the very popular "REALLY EXPENSIVE RACECARS INSIDE".
JRust
I have used a buddies technique. He welded a loop on the underside of the trailer. To said loop I attatch a 1/2 inch(in diameter) wire. This wire loops thru my wheel & back to the weld. The wire is sheathed with some plastic white lining to match the wheel & goes unnoticable. All locked with a nice thick padllock. Which you can only get to from underneath the trailer. There is enough movement for it to roll a few inches then the line goes taught. No more movement & should make some noise. A buddy showed me this & has never had a trailer stolen. A few times it's been tried & the worst damage was a bent wheel from someone who didn't want to give up. That dipshit got a night he won't forget as my friend put it. He did not get away unscathed chair.gif
6freak
what few methods "did" you use....they do make some stout tongue locks
Dr Evil
There are disk shaped throttle locks for aircraft that are bolt cutter proof.... I'll see if I can find a link.
Dr Evil
Bingo!
http://www.lockitt.com/padlockdiscus.htm
jimkelly
after sir andy's ride got lifted - some were discussing hiding a cell phone hard wired to the car battery as a gps system. any new technology to make this an easy setup? i have one phone on my family plan not in use.
6freak
QUOTE(sww914 @ Feb 26 2009, 01:46 PM) *

If I ever buy an enclosed trailer I'll put graphics on it that say Jim Bob's Crime Scene Cleanup, inc. or Milt's Mortuary or Carl's Used Caskets or something like that on it rather than the very popular "REALLY EXPENSIVE RACECARS INSIDE".

MR.C dirty adult diaper service. icon8.gif ...you soil them we boil them
Solo914
I don't have one for my trailer but I was thinking of this one.

http://www.trailerlock.com/
J P Stein
It's a cheepassed open trailer but gets me where I need to go.
The bad news is I am now on these scumbags radar.

Good lookin' padlock, Doc. Lot of other security stuff on that site also.
Jeffs9146
Lock a trailer hitch ball in the receiver. Then the receiver will be inaccessible.

That won't work unless you wreck the threads on the hitch ball!!! They could bring a hitch without a ball and bolt it on!

I had a VW Thing that someone used to steal the gas from so I hooked it up to an electric fence and that night I heard a very loud scream piratenanner.gif beer.gif They never came back!! bootyshake.gif
Dr Evil
Well, ya.
Bruce Hinds
If you don't use the trailer too often you could take the wheels off, but I like the lock Evil showed you.
B
J P Stein
Further analysis of the crime scene leads me to believe that it was not a thieving motherfucker but a hit & run motherfucker. The bits look more like parking lights and there is a Ford logo on one of them. Also found tire marks on my custom built curbing. The hit & run also makes more sense as to the final resting place of the trailer. So, I must apologize to the thieving mofos for falsely accusing the cocksuckers.
E-Man
"Made in Germany, so you know it's good." -Shamwow Vince
Solo914
Motherfuckers. Was the trailer parked in your driveway? How far did they have to go off the road to hit the trailer?

kyle

Edited: to say Motherfuckers, why? why not.

PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Feb 26 2009, 03:39 PM) *

Further analysis of the crime scene leads me to believe that it was not a thieving motherfucker but a hit & run motherfucker. The bits look more like parking lights and there is a Ford logo on one of them. Also found tire marks on my custom built curbing. The hit & run also makes more sense as to the final resting place of the trailer. So, I must apologize to the thieving mofos for falsely accusing the cocksuckers.

av-943.gif So tells us how you really feel happy11.gif
rick 918-S
welder.gif
QUOTE(Solo914 @ Feb 26 2009, 02:02 PM) *

I don't have one for my trailer but I was thinking of this one.

http://www.trailerlock.com/

agree.gif I was thinking of a boot like the parking cops use. They cover the lug nuts so you can't remove the tire. Sheet JP you could probably weld one up in about 20 minutes in your shop.

EDIT: I guess I should have read the whole post. Looks like you need a gaurd rail not a boot! WTF.gif drunk.gif screwy.gif
scotty b
How about a cattle fence box thingy wired to the frame ?? If your lucky they'll ( the muther fuckers ) still be down when you show up in the morning laugh.gif
Joe Bob
How much did ya have to drink at the local bar last nite....have you checked the back of your DD for any damage?
championgt1
Wait up with a shotgun in hand!!! ar15.gif
Jeffs9146
How about a cattle fence box thingy wired to the frame ?? If your lucky they'll ( the muther fuckers ) still be down when you show up in the morning

agree.gif
Thats what I was talking about with the "electric fence" that I hooked to my VW Thing!!!!
PeeGreen 914
Came across this and thought of this thread.
r_towle
Weld a piece of rebar to a tow ball.
Pour that tow ball into a 2 foot square piece of concrete.

A simple tow ball lock and stand all in one.

RIch
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(r_towle @ Mar 2 2009, 04:22 PM) *

Weld a piece of rebar to a tow ball.
Pour that tow ball into a 2 foot square piece of concrete.

A simple tow ball lock and stand all in one.

RIch

simple and elegant solution.... until you need to move it so you can use the trailer tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.