Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for cheap engine or parts :)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
It looks like my Raby/Brad motor is at least a month or longer away from being done....in the mean time, my 100+ mile a day commute is killing me at $2.00 a gallon driving my truck or the 911 (that 3.6 is a thirsty sucker...)

So, I have a few options.....

Dave Menche has a complete 1.8 for sale (not sure how much yet),

Jon Watts has a 2.0 that needs pistons and cylinders at the minimum, I am hoping the crank and rod bearings are good and that I could just throw together the top end parts and have a runner.

I forgot to ask Jon if his motor has the heads or not, so......I might need some heads as well...1.8 would work...I have some fresh rebuilt heads for my 2.0, but I'd rather save those for when Brad puts together my engine so that everything is fresh at the same time.

Local preferred since shipping could be a killer........

I should be picking up my car from TC Design early next week and I plan on taking a day or two off of work to get down to business of getting the car back on the road....... smash.gif
Dominic
Mike,
Shoot me an e-mail back, I might have what you are looking for in the form of 2.0L heads.
a356b@aol.com

Thanks,
Dominic
Mueller
will 2.0 bus heads work?? I'm not too picky for a motor that will only (I hope) be in the car for a month or so........
tat2dphreak
I wouldn't use 2.0 bus heads...esp. the squareport variety. but 1.8 bus heads are almost the same as 1.8L porsche heads... if not THE same...

check samba.com and shoptalkforums.com... there are always peeps selling bus shit!
don9146
I have a 1.8 liter 4-cylinder I pulled for my 6-cylinder conversion. Let me know if you are interested.
Mueller
Shipping would be a pain for both of us....you for having to crate it, me for having to pay for it wink.gif

IMHO, your 1.8 is worth more money to you back East than here in CA......
fiid
Dude.

You can run bus P&Cs for added displacement. You do need to get the heads flycut to accept the larger cylinders though. 2.0 heads are better than 1.8 heads are better than 1.7 heads. I don't know about bus heads though.

You'll have low compression, which will be perfect for an experimental Turbo engine which we can mess with once you get your real motor :-)

Fiid (Crazy).
PatW
Mike: From Craigslist.

porsche 914 motor and complete computer box - $600
60,000 on motor ready to run 914 1.8 perfect motor 650-592-0140
don9146
QUOTE(Mueller @ Feb 23 2004, 03:43 PM)
Shipping would be a pain for both of us....you for having to crate it, me for having to pay for it wink.gif

IMHO, your 1.8 is worth more money to you back East than here in CA......

I finding its not worth much money anywhere wink.gif.

It is already sitting on a pallet, ready to be shipped. I though you may be open to some type of trade...
Mueller
thanks Pat, but my definition of cheap must be different than yours...LOL

I don't have to have the car running that bad to fork over $600 for a 1.8 motor wacko.gif

Don, i think I found one local, I'm going to go kick it and poke it with a stick to see if it'll work for me.... smash.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.