Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: just another electrical problem thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
plucka
Went to start my car today, it turned over a couple of times then nothing-no lights not even the interior light. Started checking for power started at the battery, found that I've got power at fuses, all of them are good. I have power to the ignition switch but nothing coming out pulled it ohm it out, no open circuits. Put the switch back together to check and see if it's turning correctly, sounds good but I could be wrong. hooked up a remote starter to the starter just to check, it will turn-over.

If anyone has any ideas throw them at me. I was also wondering where the ground under the dash is located.
found this thread on here http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...round++location for ohm testing the switch

This car has been a wiring headache since i got it.I'm starting to get kinda annoyed... Anyone got a wiring harness they want to sell me?
JoeSharp
Hey Adam, the early cars have a gang power sourse under the dash. Large red wires that look like they are attached to a relay. Also they have multipul ground connectors behind the dash. It is a head ache to sort out but if you go in there and sort out all of the wires it will be worth the effort. The best way is to sort out the wires and make it neat so you can tell what they do. If you leave it looking like spagetti you will never be happy with it. Pull the fuse board and the gauges and loom lose from the dash and it will give you some room to work. Start with the basics and clean all of the conections. Grounds can cause ghost problems (grounding thru other circuts) and its hard to tell whats happening. I'm not sure I've told you anything useful. If not what do you want for the car? biggrin.gif (jk) I would probably spend 4 or 5 hours in there and you should be good. If you want to talk about it PM me and I'll give you my phone number.
Spoke
I had a similar issue. Turned out to be the battery terminals. They were tight but a fine layer of oxidation built up. Took them off, cleaned them and never looked back.

Could also be a faulty ground somewhere. Check, remove, and clean all grounds.
plucka
I firgured it out. the dapo had painted the positive battery clamp. I didn't think of looking there because i had power at the fuse box but, nothing else. now it wont stay running
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.