Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need your opintion...with or without beads
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
computers4kids
Well,
I decided to make a handful of GT replica grills, and it's time to assemble the grills to the lid and I'm kind of torn whether to add the beading between the two grills. I kind of like them without, but...what do you think? The beading can always be removed or added later...just want them closer to plug-n-play.
Ready to assemble
Click to view attachment
1 assembled without beading
Click to view attachment
Closeup without beading
Click to view attachment
With beading
Click to view attachment
JoeSharp
I like them with the beading. It helps to hide the joint between the two grills. Do you have a source for the beading?
MDG
+1

as you said, you could always remove it if you change your mind

m.
VaccaRabite
With.

zach
kconway
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Feb 27 2009, 06:36 AM) *

I like them with the beading. It helps to hide the joint between the two grils. Do you have a source for the beading?

Joe,
Camp has the beading on their website.
Kev
plymouth37
I would go with the beading.
PanelBilly
With too

I'm working on repling with less bullshit, oh crap, I guess this one doesn't count because I started writting. I'll try harder next time.
PanelBilly
with

Thant's better, .......well maybe
PanelBilly
Wiht
PanelBilly
The beer for lunch has had no effect on my ability to drive, officer
McMark
Gotta go with beading.
Krieger
With two grills I like the beading. Stock I say no beading.
FourBlades

I gotta say I like two girls with beating...

blink.gif
computers4kids
I'm suprised...but it's pretty clear from the responses that "beading" creates a more finished look for most. The masses have spoken.

Joe, I'm not using OEM beading (welting) but looks pretty darn close....before 35 years of shrinkage.
JRust
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Feb 27 2009, 04:13 PM) *

I'm suprised...but it's pretty clear from the responses that "beading" creates a more finished look for most. The masses have spoken.

Joe, I'm not using OEM beading (welting) but looks pretty darn close....before 35 years of shrinkage.

Your only 35! I call bull shit lol-2.gif keep your shrinkage comments to yourself. WAY to much information av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif

oh yeah put me down for one!
JRust
Geez not even a little response to my funny dry.gif I must be losing my touch sad.gif
type47
QUOTE(JRust @ Feb 28 2009, 10:07 PM) *

Geez not even a little response to my funny dry.gif I must be losing my touch sad.gif

"I don't see how you guys live with that thing" Elaine Bennis
degreeoff
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Feb 27 2009, 01:42 PM) *

The beer for lunch has had no effect on my ability to drive, officer

Occifer I bleive....

I am without but I welded spots on mine so no fitty if i haddie

Josh
nein14
With
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.