Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.7/6 CIS questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ahdoman
Hoping someone here knows CIS...

On the Fuel Accumulator is #1 the input & #2 the output?
Click to view attachment

At the Fuel Distributor...which is the input and which is the return?
Click to view attachment
sww914
Here's the best CIS writeup I've found on the web so far- http://members.rennlist.com/jimwms/CIS/CIShome.html
I haven't looked too hard, I don't have CIS and I CRS, but it may answer your questions.
SLITS
Steve,

1st pic .... I don't think it really makes any difference. The accumulator is just a spring loaded can with a diaphram to smooth out the pulses of the pump, though I could never understand how a roller pump pulsed dramatically. It also holds pressure in the system on shutdown for hot starts (assuming the check valve in the pump is functional). Pipe it just as you have it noted.

2nd Pic ... #1 is fuel inlet. #2 is fuel bypass / return bleeding excess presssure back to the tank. The line coming off it "T"s with the return from the Warm Up Regulator and then the return line to the tank.
Rav914
With regards to the accumulator, mine has the input at #1, output to filter at #2.
Cap'n Krusty
For the FD, there are arrows on the body. I don't remember about the accumulator, but it DOES matter. BTW, they call it an accumulator, not because it dampens pulses, but because it retains system pressure between shut off and restart. On the question of those barbed fuel fittings (you didn't ask it, but you're gonna get an answer anyway), they're supposed to have Teclamit plastic fuel lines pressed onto them, and those lines go to/from the chassis components of the FI system via threaded fittings. I would NEVER attempt to run the car with rubber fuel lines in place of the real thing. Too much chance of a 60-90 PSI fuel leak.

The Cap'n
ahdoman
Cap'n - couldn't find any arrows on the FD body. But, I looked at the web site Steve recommended and it looks like the input into the FD is actually #2. That also splits and goes the the cold start injector so that would make sense. Is that correct?

Also - it looks like the warm up regulator gets a line directly from the FD and then the return line to the tank? So it would be on the output side?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.