Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 need help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porsche1234
OK i am new to the porsche 914 but found myself with a 1970 with a 1.7 ltr. my problem is that the car will run still fine, but if i give it some gas it will start to studder and pop from time to time, but idels great.issues may be timing, webber 40 duel needing to be ajusted, not shure i realy would like to show the friends that it is a good sportscar, Any ideas what may be the problem , WTF.gif WTF.gif WTF.gif
Dr. Roger
QUOTE(porsche1234 @ Feb 27 2009, 11:19 PM) *

OK i am new to the porsche 914 but found myself with a 1970 with a 1.7 ltr. my problem is that the car will run still fine, but if i give it some gas it will start to studder and pop from time to time, but idels great.issues may be timing, webber 40 duel needing to be ajusted, not shure i realy would like to show the friends that it is a good sportscar, Any ideas what may be the problem , WTF.gif WTF.gif WTF.gif

how about "all of the above", as well as a good tune up?
make sure you check your vacuum hoses. they tend to dry out after 30+ years.
got a hanes manual or something similar?

=)

good luck.
JoeSharp
First of all welcome.png
Second thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Third, agree.gif a good tune up will help with finding out what the real problems are but if you don't check out all of the hoses in the car you could wind up without it. Fule lines and break lines need to be checked out. Before you can sync your carbs you have to adjust the valves. If you don't do things in the proper order you won't get the correct results. Good luck with your car they can be very rewarding.
Heeltoe914
What he said.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.