Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 75-76 Head question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Teknon
What length do the plugs have to be to cap off the emission holes.

Where does the hole go?

How does one efficiently seal these off?

????Joe
r_towle
1---cant remember exactly..about 2-3 inches long.
2---into the exhaust port to inject air and dilute the exhaust
3---- with a bolt..that is all I have seen aside from new heads, or welding up the hole.

Rich
markb
sww914 did this to my 76 2.0 motor just this week. Ask him over on Narp. He put in plugs.
solex
I had mine welded shut. The PO had put caps on the tubes but they pulled out of the head....

euro911
My '75 heads had some Allen head slugs (installed by a PO). They were only about an inch long and they took a long Allen wrench to reach them. Make sure they go in nice and tight (maybe even use a dab of blue or red loctite on the threads) ... I had one of them completely back out huh.gif
sww914
On Mark B's motor the threads were partially stripped on one or more of the holes so I installed 1/8" brass pipe plugs with red loctite. The 1/8" pipe threads are almost exactly the same thread pitch as the air injection tube threads and the plugs are tapered so they'll get a grip on the damaged threads and still seal. It's good enough to plug something that you don't ever want to use again.
Krieger
I plugged mine a long time ago, but I believe they are the same plugs that a 911 would use. They are allen head. I got mine from Automotion. So maybe Performance Products has them.
Teknon
Well looking that over, I looked up through the exhaust port and saw where it comes into the head. Thinking the smoother the better on the exhaust side, that can't be very good. blink.gif On the other hand maybe those holes can power a small turbo unsure.gif Better yet a pre-heater for something. screwy.gif

Any way thanks for queuing in and helping out smilie_pokal.gif
al weidman
sww 914 is right on for the simple fix. Those are 10mm fine threads and mine were mostly stripped. The pipe plug worked great and they are easy to get and install. I even used liquid steel when I put them in. Al. agree.gif
Drums66
I installed 1/8" brass pipe plugs with red loctite. The 1/8" pipe threads are almost exactly the same thread pitch as the air injection tube threads and the plugs are tapered so they'll get a grip on the damaged threads and still seal. It's good enough to plug something that you don't ever want to use again.
[/quote]

I do/did what he said!.................although my threads were
not damaged in any way........no problems yet. bye1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.