Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone run eagle alloy type 73's?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
underthetire
Thinking about buying the eagle alloy 73 ( 2 liter copy ). Seems cheap at 83.00 a wheel. Anyone have these ?
zonedoubt
QUOTE(underthetire @ Feb 28 2009, 08:32 PM) *

Thinking about buying the eagle alloy 73 ( 2 liter copy ). Seems cheap at 83.00 a wheel. Anyone have these ?

I have these. Not as nice as the true Fuchs, but they look decent.
Bill D
Will the Eagle center cap or any other non stock center cap fit on the real 2.0 wheel?
ericread
I just picked up a set used (well, used for about a month). My car is scheduled to get picked up from the paint shop on Monday (3/2/09) and I'm going directly to the tire store to have them mounted.

As they were used, I got quite a deal. But they look new and were shipped in their original box.

Click to view attachment

The reason the original owner sold them is that he is a concours contestant, and he got marked down for using the repros rather than using the not-as-shiny originals.

I think they look great!!! And they are replacing the Rivieras that came with my car. Over the past two years, the rivieras were absolutely unable to be balanced, so I'm looking at these to be a major improvement in driving and in looks.

The centercaps came with the wheels, so I can't help you there. And I decided I wanted shiny new lug bolts and locking lugs, so I got into the 20% off sale at AutoAtlanta for those.

Once I get these new wheels mounted, I will posts some pics.

Eric Read beerchug.gif

Edit: The "Eagle" center caps are what came with the wheels and they fit just fine. But I ordered a set of "Porsche" overlays to go over the "Eagle" labels.

zonedoubt
QUOTE(ericread @ Mar 1 2009, 02:13 PM) *

Edit: The "Eagle" center caps are what came with the wheels and they fit just fine. But I ordered a set of "Porsche" overlays to go over the "Eagle" labels.

That's exactly what I did. The center caps that came with the car had broken tabs and kept falling off so I replaced with these: http://www.cip1.ca/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=C13%2D9574

And the plastic lug caps were crap so replaced those too.

Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.