Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 76/2.0 Electrical issue
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Krist
i'm not getting power to the headlights, tail lights, signals, horn & radio. those specific fuses are intact; i checked. is this a problem w/ an electrical relay that services the above listed areas? if so, where is that relay? all systems were working just yesterday when i was driving the car and listening to the radio. then, someone pulled right out in front of me (which is exactly the reason why i drive an ORANGE nine-one-four). i went to hit the horn, no horn, then the radio died and wouldn't come back on. again, the horn was just working, along w/ everything else, just days ago ... help!!! thx. tod for putting me on this site. it's fantastic!
SLITS
Did you have your key in the "ON" position? Headlamps don't come on unless it is.

If you pull the lever on your turn signals, with the key off, does one side light up? Key must be on to work.

Not sure about the taillights whether they will come on with the key off.
ejm
Take a look at the four red wires at the positive post on the battery. One of them supplies power to much of the fuse box.

welcome.png
markb
Check ALL of your grounds, and clean them (even if they look clean), including the tranny ground strap. This will solve a whole bunch of problems from the start.
swl
Welcome Krist.

You need to take some voltage measurements for us. The fuses are intact but are they getting power? You need to check for 12V at all the fuses but particularly S11. I suspect there will be some without power. Note that S9 will only have power with key on. If you have no power at the fuse look at the cable cluster that attaches to the battery positive connector. I'm suspecting one of them might be broken/corroded.

Edit: too slow - what Ed said smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.