Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who has it and what is the part number?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dlestep
I have been looking for the rubber between the firewall and the engine lid. The part goes over the engine lid about .75 inches or so. It covers the gap between the two.
I believe that it is three pieces, made up of two stationary pieces, for the outboard grills, and the third, the largest piece, that flexes with the lid.
It was on my 73, but was missing on this car.
Any help with this is appreciated, as always.
Dave
Click to view attachment
ericread
AA has them, I think 914rubber has them and if you place a WTB in the classified forum, you'll probably get several responses.

I think you're referencing items 6 and 10 in the attachment:

Click to view attachment

If you are not opposed to using the references available to us from Auto Atlanta, to to the AA website and reference this picture. The descriptions are included in the drawings.

Eric
dlestep
Thanks Eric, that was helpful...
Dave_Darling
Most people seem to call it the "rear window seal", even though it doesn't do anything to seal the rear window. Should be available from most places.

--DD
ericread
Nice catch DD. I was thinking it was the "bead", but you're right, it looks like the rear engine seal.

Eric

It would actually be part number 15, which is Porsche part number 914 512 319 10.

dr914@autoatlanta.com
yes we had it made in repro and although identical to the factory piece, it has no steel inside of it so it has to be glued in. We also have the factory piece WITH the metal inside, that clamps onto the mounting ledge, but of course it is more expensive.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.