Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Big thank you to Eric Shea
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Wardsweb
Just wanted to acknowledge Eric's expertise and willingness to help us DIYers. His thread Rear Caliper Rebuild, "How-To Thread" was my rebuild 101 text book while tackling my own rebuild.

I'm cleaning everything while I wait on the rebuild kits to arrive. I also have started a picture gallery of the entire process. I've the got most of the tear down done and will add the clean and rebuild as they occur. While not the concours level that Eric does, they will be clean and functional for us guys on a budget.

You can see it here: My Rear Caliper Rebuild
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Wardsweb @ Mar 1 2009, 06:48 PM) *

Just wanted to acknowledge Eric's expertise and willingness to help us DIYers. His thread Rear Caliper Rebuild, "How-To Thread" was my rebuild 101 text book while tackling my own rebuild.

I'm cleaning everything while I wait on the rebuild kits to arrive. I also have started a picture gallery of the entire process. I've the got most of the tear down done and will add the clean and rebuild as they occur. While not the concours level that Eric does, they will be clean and functional for us guys on a budget.

You can see it here: My Rear Caliper Rebuild

Very cool Wardsweb! Now to celebrate, go down to Riverwalk and have some chips with fresh Guacamole made at your table. My mouth is watering just thinking about it! Happy stopping!
zonedoubt
I need to do my rear calipers.

Where did you order the kits from?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(zonedoubt @ Mar 6 2009, 09:45 AM) *

I need to do my rear calipers.

Where did you order the kits from?

zonedoubt,
I think Eric will even sell you the kit...
zonedoubt
Cool. I'll send him a PM.
Wardsweb
QUOTE(zonedoubt @ Mar 6 2009, 11:52 AM) *

If Eric is out, I got mine from Pelican Parts. Auto Atlanta would be another place to try.

My rebuild kits and new pads arrived yesterday, so I should complete the front and rear rebuilds this weekend. Now the rears are original but the fronts had seized pistons, so I'm rebuilding a pair of BMW 320i calipers to use.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Wardsweb @ Mar 6 2009, 10:09 AM) *

QUOTE(zonedoubt @ Mar 6 2009, 11:52 AM) *

If Eric is out, I got mine from Pelican Parts. Auto Atlanta would be another place to try.

My rebuild kits and new pads arrived yesterday, so I should complete the front and rear rebuilds this weekend. Now the rears are original but the fronts had seized pistons, so I'm rebuilding a pair of BMW 320i calipers to use.

Yep! lots of good vendors... I would add GPR to that list...
Eric_Shea
If you can't tell... Rob has an affiliate program with me! biggrin.gif

http://www.pmbperformance.com/catalog/item...563/4747449.htm

They are complete.
sixnotfour

Isnt that the old Planet Hollywood slogan "Love All Serve All"
LarryR
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 6 2009, 06:17 PM) *

If you can't tell... Rob has an affiliate program with me! biggrin.gif

http://www.pmbperformance.com/catalog/item...563/4747449.htm

They are complete.

I think we should all support vendors like Eric who post lots of useful info here.

beerchug.gif
Joe Bob
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 6 2009, 07:42 PM) *

Isnt that the old Planet Hollywood slogan "Love All Serve All"

Kinda gay....not like there is anything wrong with that...just wanted to point it out....he does do a gud job....BUT......I kinda have to jab him every once in a while.... chair.gif

Your admins are here to help.......just make sure you keep them humble, they get uppity.

He's made me a good deal in many cases....
Sleepin
Except for the pink shirts and the lifesavers, Eric is a good guy! He has helped me out quite a bit!

(as a matter of fact, the 75 will be sporting a new set of front and rear PMB rebuilt calipers on the upcoming Route 66 Ramble! )
biggrin.gif
Wardsweb
Well I got around to putting them back together. Now to get the rotors turned.

IPB Image

The rebuild pics
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.