Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Amazing trip
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ian Stott
Just got back from an amazing trip to Labrador City, Newfoundland! I drove there with a buddy who has a tractor trailer, we went from Moncton to Philadelphia (delivered to the new Children's hospital) then had a pick up in Canada close to Windsor/Detroit and then drove to Labrador City, what an incredible journey, actually watched the trees getting smaller and smaller as we got past the 52nd parrallel. Residents say you should only drive that road in the winter as in the spring it is impassable due to mud. Saw a 914 for sale in Maine on Hwy # 9 between Calais and Bangor. Looking forward to driving mine in a few weeks when the salt and snow are gone.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
MDG
Hi Ian, my wife is originally from Moncton (Dieppe actually); I've done a few trips out in one of my 914s for the obligatory in-law visit. On the way back we go down the coast through Maine and cut back up; Vermont, New Hampshire, upstate NY.

Fantastic driving!! Cool roads, beautiful scenery, great people.

m.
Ian Stott
Do drop a line next time you are coming this way, do you drive your teener all the way down here??

Ian Stott
Jasfsmith
If you made the trip down Rt9, you likely past within a stone's through of my house outside of Bangor.

Any info on the Atlantic meet in Moncton? Would they accept an import gathering? I suspect the Acadia Region PCA would be interested (as I) if so.
MDG
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Mar 2 2009, 04:11 PM) *

Do drop a line next time you are coming this way, do you drive your teener all the way down here??

Ian Stott

will do Ian; I'd love to see your car! Unfortunately it's been 8 years since we went in a 914; since my daughter was born. I used to drive it straight through - 15 hours and my wife, Christel, doesn't drive. driving.gif blink.gif Believe me, you vibrate for days.

I've been through Bangor a few times - love that whole State! Bangor being on the diagonal route home from Bar Harbor. I'll defintely keep an eye for that beautiful '70 914-6. Amazing car - love the Mahle's!

mike
Ian Stott
Just to let the club memebers know the Atlantic Nationals is Canada's largest car show! Very cool event with lots of entertainment etc. lasts for three days. I know some of the organizers so if anyone is interested I can find out a few things and post it. BTW I didn't know their was an Acadian Porsche Club, do you have a cotact name??

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
Gint
Pictures would be nice. smile.gif
Jasfsmith
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Mar 2 2009, 08:36 PM) *

Just to let the club memebers know the Atlantic Nationals is Canada's largest car show! Very cool event with lots of entertainment etc. lasts for three days. I know some of the organizers so if anyone is interested I can find out a few things and post it. BTW I didn't know their was an Acadian Porsche Club, do you have a cotact name??

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

Last I checked, the Atlantic Nationals did not encourage foreign car participation. I'd be interested in showing if there was a class other than special interest.

Email Richard Ripley at richard.ripley@ns.sympatico.ca for membership info.

I've been a member since '73, and foundered the Acadia Region back in '77. At the time of formation, most members were in Maine and New Brunswick. Over time the region migrated to Nova Scotia for the most part. I beleive there are several members still in New Brunswick.

Perhaps the Acadia Region would be interested in a showing at the Atlantic Nationals this year if invited.
Ian Stott
I e-mailed Richeard a few minutes ago, when he gets back to me I will let the board know what is transpiring as it may be of interest. Thanks for the data.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.