Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 75 1.8 L-jet, not running, $2500
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Eric Hagelin
Car seems to be in pretty nice shape, other than an engine issue which developed a couple years ago - would try to start it - and if it fired up on the first try, it would run fine all day. If it didn't 'catch', then I'd try starting it again and it would just chug-chug-chug and never fire up - and I would notice a rich fuel smell from the exhaust when this would happen. A couple people told me they thought it was a fuel injection malfunction, but I have no clue, and no longer have any interest in the car.

Minimal indicators of rust -2 or 3 very small bubbles under the paint, and some behind the passenger side sail (paint flaked up there).

Current status: in my brother's garage, dead battery, still has the engine starting/running problem.... been sitting there for almost 2 years.

Car is very pretty, but the seats were reupholstered by previous owner in a grey fabric, which doesn't look bad, but it's not my favorite look.

These pictures were from a couple years ago - car would look just the same now, but probably needs a wash, a little armor-all, etc. Like I said, it's been sitting for a while.

I'm in the Seattle area... live in Lake Stevens, car is in Woodinville.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

tody copeland
Do you have clean title on the 1975 914?
Eric Hagelin
Yes, I do.
mstein95
Eric - Sorry to see you're selling. I know you've been frustrated with that engine for some time and haven't had the $$ for alternatives. headbang.gif

For any prospective buyers - idea.gif
I've never inspected it thoroughly but I've always thought this car of Eric's was a beauty. I think other members from the area that have seen it would agree.
Eric Hagelin
Thanks, Morgan.

It is certainly a pretty 914 (in my humble opinion as owner).

It's a combination of:

1) I'm between jobs and could use the cash.

2) I truly have zero interest in the owning/driving/fixing the car anymore. I'll still keep my 914club window sticker, and think about another one some day down the road. smile.gif

3) My brother wants his garage back.

I just put it on craigslist (Seattle) today as well.

Eric Hagelin
Car is sold.

Thanks, everybody.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.