Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OMG WTF happen to this 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
GaroldShaffer
Seen on a craigslist ad for Detroit The Ad Poor little 914.

WTF.gif headbang.gif smoke.gif
championgt1
HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry that just slipped out. chair.gif headbang.gif WTF.gif
dlo914
Odd how ya suppose to shift gears in that thing? With your crotch?
GaroldShaffer
I like the center of the car steering wheel position. Makes it kind of hard to shift. screwy.gif Sad part is someone spent a lot of time doing this. confused24.gif
SirAndy
Floorpans are solid! They're obviously holding water ...

huh.gif Andy
plymouth37
What a hack job. That car is called the anklebiter, i believe the owner is a member here. What an idiot...
PeeGreen 914
av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(plymouth37 @ Mar 4 2009, 08:39 PM) *

What a hack job. That car is called the anklebiter, i believe the owner is a member here. What an idiot...

Ha, when I seen the pictures I thought of your project. BIG BIG difference in what your are doing and the hack job done on this poor little 914.
rock914
It looks like the shifter is still in the middle, shifting it with the stick between your legs would be alot like....... WTF.gif .........Lets just hope you don't miss second gear.
iamchappy
Maybe it was it used to power a parade float ?
dlee6204
I saw that ad earlier today. I was wondering what it would look like.... YIKES
orange914
" dry.gif Bumpers are missing ,but otherwise seems complete"
tod914
lmfao, a midengine swimwagen. just need to mount an mg 42 on the passenger side.
sww914
I'd paint it Olive Drab Green and blast around in it proudly after the shifter part was fixed. I'd hate to destroy my wedding vegetables.
turnaround89
At least it still has a title for those that want to drive it on the street!! av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
orange914
QUOTE(sww914 @ Mar 4 2009, 09:17 PM) *

I'd paint it Olive Drab Green and blast around in it proudly after the shifter part was fixed. I'd hate to destroy my wedding vegetables.

av-943.gif wedding vegitables av-943.gif
RJMII
I bet if we told Jamie it was an incredibly rare build straight from the factory for 914 Indy races, he'd be all over it!

poke.gif
JRust
QUOTE(RJMII @ Mar 4 2009, 09:36 PM) *

I bet if we told Jamie it was an incredibly rare build straight from the factory for 914 Indy races, he'd be all over it!

poke.gif

Like I'd fall for that chair.gif
effutuo101
Maybe his wedding veggies sat in the floor space beside him...wedding vegetables.
That turned a really shitty day around. Thank you.
Lou W
Ok, whine and cheese crowd..........

happy11.gif
sww914
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Mar 4 2009, 09:48 PM) *

Maybe his wedding veggies sat in the floor space beside him...wedding vegetables.

You're welcome, but thank Jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear, he coined the phrase AFAIK.
effutuo101
LOL! I watch Top Gear all the time and have it set up on my DVR, but never heard that one. I love the dry humor. My son loves Monty python and that cute Kate Beckinsale (sp?) I think it had something to do with her vinyl outfit, but, I am not sure.
sww914
He also said- This car is like smearing honey on Keira Knightly. I knew what he meant. smile.gif
horizontally-opposed
laugh.gif sheeplove.gif av-943.gif stirthepot.gif pray.gif

We MUST create a Hall of Fame for bad 914 Craigslist ads. And this car gets my vote as the first inductee.

There's something about it that goes beyond bad, to the point that it almost has a certain character that makes me smile and feel sorry for it.

pete
sixnotfour
Cant let this add go away; So I preserved it forever;
Porsche 914 Race Car - $750 (Bay City)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: sale-4wtqz-1059698408@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-03-04, 8:21AM EST

I have a 73 Porsche race car. I believe it's a circuit car. It is a 1 seater with it in the center. Steering is also centered. It has body modifications that took a lot of time. I bought this from an estate. It is a rolling project on new tires and motor was redone but never ran. Bumpers are missing ,but otherwise seems complete. In primer. I'll send pics if needed. Call BJ 989 239 1739 or mnmisno1@yahoo.com. I do have a title.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Mar 4 2009, 08:26 PM) *

Seen on a craigslist ad for Detroit The Ad Poor little 914.

WTF.gif headbang.gif smoke.gif

That'll buff right out... Someone let Fourblades know it is for sale... lol-2.gif
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(sww914 @ Mar 4 2009, 09:54 PM) *

QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Mar 4 2009, 09:48 PM) *

You're welcome, but thank Jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear, he coined the phrase AFAIK.

I heard Captain Slow say "Gentleman Vegetables" before Jeremy said "Wedding Vegetables". Best show on TV. This week, when James was driving the Zonda F, and he "finally got the hang of it"... they showed The Stig wearing James' shirt. I watch very little tele, but I watch Top Gear back to back to back on Mondays.

As far as the hacked 914, I think someone needs to serve time. ar15.gif
sixnotfour
Detroit

It is known as the world's traditional automotive center
thanks wikipedia
SirAndy
QUOTE(Lou W @ Mar 4 2009, 09:51 PM) *

Ok, whine and cheese crowd..........

lol-2.gif
byndbad914
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Mar 4 2009, 11:54 PM) *

There's something about it that goes beyond bad, to the point that it almost has a certain character that makes me smile and feel sorry for it...

pete

Hey, leave me out of this Pete!

As for any South Park fans, recall the IT transporter that had four controls, one of which poked into the ass for driving it? laugh.gif that is what I suspect the shifter is now in this car. Still better than dealing with the airlines.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes

go to season 5, near the right, "The Entity"... fricken hilarious what is better than dealing with the airlines

edit - forewarning, South Park rips on everything and this one has a Jewish cousin and Cartman ripping away, so don't go there if you get offended by that stuff. The funny part explaining the IT is right at the mid point.
highways
Is that L98, Raspberry?
wub.gif
Wilhelm
Just put two side seats in positioned slighlty back and you would have a convertible McLaren F1!!!!!!
carr914
Kinda like the Pooper (Porsche-Cooper) only ugly and done to a very poor standard.

Click to view attachment

It should be called:

A. The Poop
or
B. 4 wheel Crotch-rocket ( for the position of the shifter)

T.C.
BarberDave
The Poop, hell Garold will buy it for $50.00 , and find bundles of money hidden in it. Then it will look pretty good. Dave
dflesburg
See Everyone, This is what I was talking about....

Bunch of Wine and Cheese Snobs.... LOL
tod914
This is one car where the center cushion option really comes in handy. Too late to add it for car of the month? Or maybe a horizontaly challenged car of the month candidate?
schreiber
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Mar 5 2009, 12:54 AM) *

laugh.gif sheeplove.gif av-943.gif stirthepot.gif pray.gif

We MUST create a Hall of Fame for bad 914 Craigslist ads. And this car gets my vote as the first inductee.

There's something about it that goes beyond bad, to the point that it almost has a certain character that makes me smile and feel sorry for it.

pete

i agree. i feel bad for this poor thing. sad.gif
JmuRiz
If someone had a lot of skill (with a welder)...a 3.6 motor and a cable shifter arrangement...it really could be a cool car.

Just looking at it from an optimistic view.
JoeSharp
The Porsche Cooper was called the "Pooper"
rjames
The first thing I thought of when I saw the picture of the hacked car was the mutant toy from Toy Story:

Click to view attachment
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Mar 5 2009, 05:58 AM) *

Kinda like the Pooper (Porsche-Cooper) only ugly and done to a very poor standard.

Click to view attachment

It should be called:

A. The Poop
or
B. 4 wheel Crotch-rocket ( for the position of the shifter)

T.C.

Hey, that's Denny's car. I get to see that car somewhat regularly. Very cool car.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Mar 5 2009, 08:27 AM) *

The Porsche Cooper was called the "Pooper"

He know's.... that's why he said this car should just be called "the Poop" happy11.gif
carr914
The Pooper used to be owned by my friend and now-retired Skip Barber Instructor - Duck Waddell

T.C.
PeeGreen 914
The current owner has one hell of a cool car collection and he is a fantastic driver. He drives the Pooper every year in the historics and run his small bore with the big bore class. Always starts in the back and generally finishes 1st or 2nd. So your friend should be proud. His car is well aken care of. beerchug.gif

TC.356
If that center steering 914 were near me, I would already own it ! ! ! I sincerely LOVE that car ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Everything about it. Honestly. If anyone buys it and ends up in New England, PLEASE get in touch.

T
FourBlades

Someone please buy that car and donate it to the bad taste hall of fame or
else fix the poor thing. Who wants to learn to weld???????

Too bad it is an original six with Le Mans race history...

John

IronHillRestorations
I'll 2nd the parade float guess. Buy hey, it looks like it's still got a 1.8 with AFC, so maybe a working airflow meter?
carr914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Mar 5 2009, 12:19 PM) *

The Pooper used to be owned by my friend and now-retired Skip Barber Instructor - Duck Waddell

T.C.

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Mar 5 2009, 12:24 PM) *

The current owner has one hell of a cool car collection and he is a fantastic driver. He drives the Pooper every year in the historics and run his small bore with the big bore class. Always starts in the back and generally finishes 1st or 2nd. So your friend should be proud. His car is well aken care of. beerchug.gif

Here is a picture of Duck Waddell watching me race @ Sebring in 1989 (I'm in the yellow car - yellow is Faster)

Click to view attachment

and a picture of the Pooper way back when driven by Pete Lovely of Tacoma ( I believe Pete was the 1st owner of the Pooper)

Click to view attachment

SirAndy
QUOTE(carr914 @ Mar 6 2009, 02:26 PM) *

Here is a picture of Duck Waddell watching me race @ Sebring in 1989 (I'm in the yellow car - yellow is Faster)

It doesn't look like he's watching you at all. Plus, he looks bored .... shades.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(TC.356 @ Mar 5 2009, 12:53 PM) *

If that center steering 914 were near me, I would already own it ! ! ! I sincerely LOVE that car ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Everything about it. Honestly. If anyone buys it and ends up in New England, PLEASE get in touch.

T

agree.gif

Dibs
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.