Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: who makes the best door panels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
crxnug
Im looking at purchasing new door panels for a 1973 2.0 , which vendor makes the highest quality and as close to original door panels, any info will be mush appreciated
QUOTE(crxnug @ Mar 4 2009, 09:37 PM) *

Im looking at purchasing new door panels for a 1973 2.0 , which vendor makes the highest quality and as close to original door panels, any info will be mush appreciated

+1 popcorn[1].gif
effutuo101
Don't know if this is what you are looking for, but he is a member here:
http://www.appearanceandperformance.com/
That is where I am headed to have mine redone.
PeeGreen 914
Morph and Appbiz are two members that do very good work. Everything I have seen from them or heard about them is top notch. beerchug.gif
pktzygt
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Mar 5 2009, 12:52 AM) *

Don't know if this is what you are looking for, but he is a member here:
http://www.appearanceandperformance.com/
That is where I am headed to have mine redone.

I know first hand that the speaker kickpanel pods are quality, I was planning on doing doorpanels from them too.
number6
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Mar 4 2009, 09:52 PM) *

I have a set from Appearance and Performance. Top notch! What sold me was the fiberglass core - no more moisture warpage, mildew growth, etc. And they seem lighter than stock (just my impression - I haven't weighed them and have no plan to).

James is a great guy, to boot!
VaccaRabite
Indeed. Out of a need of time over money, and the fact that the fiber panels warp over time... I ordered Morphs door panels last night.

Zach
nsr-jamie
I am going to order my from Appearence, I like the idea of fiberglass cores and he is going to cover them in leather for me. I can't wait!!
Joe Owensby
I have the fiberglass panels from Morph, with the basketweave covering. Looks great, perfect fit. I highly recommend them. JoeO
johnnie5
Yup, 914 Appearance and Performance. I have purchased James' speaker pods, carpet kit, and a fiberglass copy of the LE air dam - all top notch! I can only imagine that his door panels are excellent repros as well.
crxnug
Thanks for the info, I placed a order from Appearance and Performance for the basketweave doors panels & also ordered a carpet set. im sure i made the right choice from the comments on here
jonferns
Im also looking to buy a set from app and perf but I still havent seen an installed pic of their black basketweave panels. Anyone?
turboman808
Have a set of door panels from Appearance and Performance I have yet to put in but they do look great.
tradisrad
I'm fixing some rust on the floor pan and when it's time for carpet and door panels they will get my business. Looks like good stuff and reasonable prices.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.