Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mid America Motorworks
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
Well the company that bought Tweeks and drove it in teh ground is now having a Porsche Inventory liquidation sale. Not much in 914 parts, but just thought I would pass this along.

I sure miss the Tweeks swap meets and talking with the guys from Doc & Cy's sad.gif

MA Link chair.gif
type47
I got the same notice but when you look at their list of parts, they do not use the Porsche part number but some, perhaps, internal to MAM number. The part descriptions do not allow one to easily identify, with assurity, the part. I dropped the list as it would take way too much time that I don't have to figure it out.
dflesburg
They had nice Catalogs too.

Never as good as AA but nice paper.
Cap'n Krusty
I looked the list over. They're don't appear to be in any real hurry to unload that stuff. Typical sales hype, hoping people will believe those are deals, simply because they say they are .....................

The Cap'n
ws91420
I think they did the same thing a year or two ago.
veltror
When Ilived in the U\s \i used Tweeks, I always wondered what happened to them...
GeorgeRud
Tweeks were the Johnson Brothers (as in Brett Johnson), both veterinarians in Indianapolis that started selling Porsche parts on the side, and made it into a great business. They eventually ended up selling to Mid America Motorworks, that also does Corvette parts and VW parts.

The swap meets in Effingham, IL were quite the happening in the midwest, and were well attended. I think that eventually they couldn't make money on the Porsche side of things, so closed that part of the business down. Like a lot of the old parts suppliers, it's really hard to say R.I.P., they were fun and it was nice to have lots of choices for buying parts. These days, I think it's especially important to support our vendors as it's awful hard out there, and you won't have any choices if we let them fail.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.