Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What takes 4 hrs to clean? A cooling fan.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
I pulled this off a 2.0 motor and though I would clean it up. I started by cleaning all the grease off in the parts washer. Then I took it over to the bead blaster. Next up was the wire wheel. All the black parts where cleaned in the same manner and then treated with black oxide. Looks really good but I realized I had spent 4 hours on something no one will ever see. Oh well, I know it is clean.
Gint
That oughta last about an hour. av-943.gif Kidding... sort of. Looks nice.

I blasted mine too. Those little buggers accumulate some crap!
sww914
That will flow more air than a dirty crusty old fan. Since it will keep your engine cooler, it's probably worth 20-30 HP. smile.gif
Those cold air intake ricer guys always make outrageous claims of added HP, I thought I'd make an equally outrageous claim.
Fan looks great!
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

I agree it looks very nice, now to fill the rest of your spare time. I will send you

a box of various parts of my 914 that need that level of cleaning and painting.

I am sure that you will meet my exacting standards. Dave lol-2.gif happy11.gif
Cupomeat
Have you thought about polishing the inside of your engine case, the next time it is apart? I hear you can gain 15hp from the oil returning to the pan in a more expeditious manner which lowers ETA, improves MPG, decreases NOx and lowers your LDL. (not to mention is a BIG hit with the ladies grouphug.gif )...

... no, not really. LOL (the Ladies don't care)

I polished my impeller fan also, but you did a much better job than I.

Nice!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.