Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help With Bilstein Struts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
hencar
Hello there,

Several months ago, I bought a set of new Bilstein struts for my 914 race car project. No this is not a Koni' strut, the previous owner had painted them red. Yeah, I know, go figure. There is green paint showing beneath the red paint and there is a Porsche 914 part number stamped on the housing.

As you can see from the photograph, the strut is incomplete and I need to know if anyone has an exploded drawing of the 914 Bilstein Strut so I can determine what I need to complete them. A source for the needed parts would also be appreciated.

I have several sets of Boge struts in my shop, but none of the parts seem to fit the Bilsteins including the pinch bolts. Also do you know if the Bilstein struts require a different set of bearings than a Boge? I noticed on the Elephant racing web site last night that they sell a bearing kit for the Bilsteins????? Is the spindle larger on the Bilsteins?

Any help would be greatfully appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Henry
hcarraro@hughes.net
hencar
Just a quick post to say that my mystery has been solved. Here is what Brad Roberts had to say:

"What you have is a pretty rare 914 Bilstein. These are for 4 lug (you do understand this correct?)

I do not see that your are missing anything. It takes stock 4cyl 4 lug bearings from 73-76. It will accept the stock taper pin (not the bolt) These were an option on the 73-74 2.0's (part of the S option) that never really flew here in the USA, but the struts where available."

I was trying to complicate things. The struts are now ready to go on the car tomorrow.

Henry
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.