Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is a 1971 front trunk the same on a 73
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
crxnug
Im looking at purchasing a donor front trunk from a 1971 to repair my 1973 2.0 that was cut out by PO, are these a exact match? or were there differences over the years
Dr Evil
In 73 there were reinforcements installed in front of where the tire sits. Other than that, nope.
9146BRUCE
Hi since I just did this, I got a 73 front clip to fix my 70 front end and there is a difference. the 70 is smooth in the center from horn to horn on the 73 there are two indentations where the two rubber nipples on the bumpers fit.

Bruce
crxnug
this is the area im going to be replace, pic is not my car but shows what i plan on doing, does anyone have any pics showing the difference between the 70 and 73 lower trunk, i want to keep the car as factory looking as possible , thanks IPB Image
GeorgeRud
Looks like you're going to do a front pan replacement. I dont recall any differences in that area, so you should be fine. The replacement panels should also be available from AA or Restoration Design if you want to go with new metal.
crxnug
i dont believe restoration design sells that piece, AA has a donor piece but its a bit pricey at $750 before s/h, so i found a somewhat rust free piece that im considering
GeorgeRud
My bad, I was thinking of the 911 front floor pan that they do sell.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.