Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need some direction with changing wiper switch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
johnnie5
Hey guys (and girls),
I have decided to change out the wiper switch I acquired about a year ago. This is my first attempt at this project. I have the column apart and am trying to get the turn signal switch off/out. There doesn't seem to be enough slack in the wiring of the t.s. switch for it to come off/out. I do not want to force it and break something.

Any words of wisdom would be much appreciated...
ws91420
Back under the column where it meets the dash you can disconnect the wires their. Look at the Pelican tech article about this or the one on replacing ignition switch. What year car? If it is a 74 or earlier it comes out all together wiper and turn signal.
johnnie5
Its a 75, going to Pelican to see if i can find tech article...
Cap'n Krusty
Unplug the connectors at the base of the column housing. Take off the 2 rubber w/s washer hoses. Be sure you depressurize the w/s washer reservoir first! The Cap'n
bobhasissues
Both the wiper switch and turn signal switch have to be disconnected at the base of the column. Problem is the lower dash blocks access to the connectors. I don't think it's possible to unplug the connectors without first removing the lower dash.
johnnie5
QUOTE(bobhasissues @ Mar 5 2009, 04:49 PM) *

Both the wiper switch and turn signal switch have to be disconnected at the base of the column. Problem is the lower dash blocks access to the connectors. I don't think it's possible to unplug the connectors without first removing the lower dash.

Bob,
I got lucky. There are actually 2 'finger holes' just under the column (see pic) which allowed me to get in, disconnect, and re-connect both switches - barely.

Thanks for the guidance gentlemen, project is completed. I now have functioning wipers for the first time since I have owned this car. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.