Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: bay area powder coater
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
L8Apex
I need to powder coat my go kart chassis. laugh.gif Maybe throw some 914 parts in as well. Anyone recomend me one locally?
mightyohm
Ooh, ooh, I want to know too!

I have a full set of engine tin to do, plus valve covers, runners and airbox.
tesserra
West coast powder coating.
Concord, 925-682-4828.
Kyle is a friend of mine and a real car guy. They have an oven you can drive an entire car in and they have been in buisness a long time.
Tell him George from the 914 club sent you and he'll only charge double!

Regards,
George
Jeffs9146
Maas Brothers Powder Coating
285 S Vasco Rd
Livermore
925-294-8200

He did my trailing arm and it came out nice!

Jeff
ppickerell
Mark at EPS in Hayward is great people to deal with. Phone number is 510-786-1881.
theol00
Acurate Powder Coating
1 650 802 8180

941 American Street
San Carlos, CA

Warren Whittington is the owner - Warren is a great guy and car nut
mightyohm
Do powder coaters usually have sandblasting or bead blasting capability also?
Jeffs9146
Do powder coaters usually have sandblasting or bead blasting capability also?

Most of them prefer to do all the Sandblasting prep work them selfs and they have everything to do it!

Jeff
MattR
Does anyone know a powder coating place in socal? LA or OC area prefered.
mightyohm
We need to start a 914club "preferred providers" list. wink.gif
mightyohm
Anyone know of a good powder coater closer to the Santa Clara area?
Jeffs9146
Anyone know of a good powder coater closer to the Santa Clara area?

I don't know much about this guy but he does Ceramic Coatings in Belmont CA!

Accessories Plus
650-591-2400

Jeff
L8Apex
wow. thanks for the info. I'll give a few of them a call later. I hope it's not too expensive to powdercoat.

Jeff, how much was it to do your trailing arms? I just need a ballpark to see what i am looking at.
Jeffs9146
Jeff, how much was it to do your trailing arms? I just need a ballpark to see what i am looking at.

$60, I think it would have been close to the same for two!

Jeff
ppickerell
Most shops will have a $60-$75 minimum. Don't be afraid to ask them how many pieces you can squeeze in for the minimum.
Brad Roberts
Warren at Accurate did all my red pieces and does all of my work. Mention the 914 club and get a discount. He has the largest facility I have seen for coating. He has 3-4 different media blast cabinets and a booth large enough to blast a full size GM Surburban.

B
Targa
I took my tin to Warren @ Accurate. Nice guy and you can't go wrong. Good prices and lots of fancy options for those who need a pretty engine! laugh.gif I will try and post some pics next week after I get my tin, shroud, runners, engine bar, and plenum back.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.